Chapter 5

Steve P.O.V

What time is it? I think. I Check. 1:30
I role over, annoyed that I can't sleep. I close my eyes and try to clear my head. Nope, not gonna work. I can't stop thinking about Bucky. All the memories we shared together come flashing through my brain, the one that comes up the most is when I saw him fall off the train to his death. Bucky was on that air craft with Winky. He nearly killed her, yet she's helping me find him. She's always so compassionate and sweet.                                                          
      I tried convincing Natasha to help. She is, but the only reason why is because she thinks "This could be a trap for all we know" blah blah blah. Her words not mine. I just want Bucky back. I lost him once, I'm not going to lose him again. I owe him that much.
Water, I think. I get out of bed to find a glass of water. I suddenly hear a noise. Sounds like it's coming from the lab.
I walk out the to the dark hall way of The Avengers tower, to investigate the noise. I pass by Winkys room when I hear her move around in her bed saying "No! Go away! No!" I rush in worried that she might be in trouble but there's no one. I sigh with relief and look at Winky. She's moving around, mumbling things in her sleep. I gently shake her awake.
  "Winky" I say. She wakes up abruptly, sweating and breathing heavy, and a look of pure panic in her eyes.
"Hey, hey, it's ok. It's just me" I coo her.

"Steve..." She says with shallow breathing. "I'm so sorry, did I wake you?"

"No, I can't sleep" Winky sighs with relief.

"Another nightmare?" I ask. She nods.

"You wanna talk about it?" She stays silent, twiddling her thumbs.

"I used to have nightmares too, pretty intense ones actually. I didn't tell anyone, because I thought it was weak" I admit. Winky looks up. Now shes listening.
"Finally, they got so bad, that I was screaming in my sleep. Natasha came rushing, course I tell her it's nothing, but, she's not an idiot" I chuckle a bit at that last part. Winky does a small smile, but goes back to her sad face.

"I finally told her about my nightmares, and it felt like a thousand weights have been lifted off me. It's good to talk about it, it doesn't mean you're weak. If you're not ready to talk about the nightmares, I understand. But it will only get worse"
     Winky takes a deep sigh. "I'm in the lab again. I'm always hearing this song, no matter where I go it's always there. I-I think its that love song Elvis Presley wrote"
"can't help falling in love with you" I guess.

"Yeah that. And the scientists didn't have any faces, just a mask and goggles. They try to take me to the surgery room, and work on me while I'm still awake" Winkys holding back tears, but a few escape her eyes, down her cheek.
"I don't want to go in there because of that though, it's because whenever I do, I see my parents, standing in the corner while I'm forced onto the surgery table" I give her sympathetic look, and hug her.
"It was just a dream, it's over now"

• • • •
Periwinkle's P.O.V
The next day, after breakfast, we're all in Starks lab.
  "What's going on?" says Natasha.
"What do you mean?" Says Tony.
"Don't play dumb Stark, we know somethings up" she says, with a sassy tone in her voice.
"Yes. what are we doing here?" Asks Vision.
    Tony gives us a mischievous smile that says "I did something awesome"
  He swipes on the computer screen, reveling a map.
   "I think I got something" he says.
"What is it?" Steve asks.
"Well, when the Winter Soldier attacked Winky-" Tony starts saying, but I cut him off
"Hold on! The Winter Soldier? I thought he was a myth" I say shocked. Everyone looks at me funny. "I've only been on the team for 3 and a half months guys, cut me some slack"

"Yes, he's real" says Tony. "And I think HYDRA has him, but I don't know where" I look at Steve. He looks worried. Knowing his past, you'd understand why.

"Are you sure it's HYDRA?" Vision asks, sceptical.

"Who else would be doing this?" Tony says.

"HYDRA Hasn't shown Their faces since Pierce was killed" agrees Natasha.

"Well whoever's doing this obviously knows what they're doing" Tony replies. He points to a spot on the map.

"I think, he's somewhere in Wakanda, Or maybe somewhere more desolate. So I was thinking, if we find him we could-"

"Clear his name" interrupts Steve. Tony gives him a confused look.

"Can we talk Steve? Outside." Tony motions him outside the lab. Steve sighs and follows Tony, and closes the door behind him. There was a long pause.
   "What do you think?" Wanda speaks up.
"What do you mean?" Vision asks.

"I mean, should we clear The Winter Soldier's name or arrest him?"

"Clear his name" I answer. Everyone looks at me surprised.

"Steve needs us guys. And even though Bucky almost killed me, it wasn't his fault" I explain.

"Bucky?" Says Wanda confused.

"That's his name" Natasha clarifies.

"I don't know about this you guys" says Clint. "We can't split because of this"

"We won't as long as we-" Natasha stops and looks up. We all turn around and look outside. Steve and Tony are having a very heated argument. It looks they're on the verge of throwing punches.
   Natasha runs out, followed by the rest of us. We open the door, and hear them shouting at each other!
"You never cared about him! you think of him as a murderer and nothing else!" Shouts Steve.

"Well sorry I wasn't born in the 40s, but this is the 21st century grandpa! It doesn't work like that!" Tony shouts back.

"Ok stop it! Break it up!" Natasha goes in between them, and separates them.
"Calm down!" She shouts.
  Everyone is silent for a moment before Nat breaks it.

"Fighting isn't going to help Bucky, now is it?" She says sternly. "So, we need to make a plan. And quickly before HYDRA, Or whoever is behind this, comes for us next" Natasha walks back in the lab, followed by the rest of the Avengers.

I hope you enjoyed this longer chapter. Leave a comment and vote!