Chapter 14

Bucky helps me up as we look at the sky. A helicopter just tried to kill us! The helicopter circles around and heads back to us.
"Run!" I shout. We bolt it, running on top of the wall.
    Suddenly, the helicopter spits out 10 armed men. HYDRA agents. I cures under my breath as they block the way. We turn around only to see more HYDRA agents blocking us. Bucky and I stand back to back, readying our fighting stance.

"You ready to fight?" Bucky asks.

"Nope" I simply respond.

"Me neither"

   We jump at them! Whenever they try to shoot me, I turn transparent and attack them from behind. We have no weapons other then our fists, this should be good.
A HYDRA agent tries to come at me with a knife. I block most of the attacks, dodging the rest. I flick my fingers, electricity courses through my fingertips. I swipe at the agent a few times until I feel my hand connect with his chest. He screams in pain as I melt his internal organs.
   Another one comes right after. I turn to block his punch, but I'm too late. His fist connects to my face. I stumble back into the middle of the chaos. Coincidentally Bucky stumbles back as well. We stand in the middle once again, HYDRA agents ready to kill us. I suddenly get an idea. I start rubbing  my hands together.

"Why are you rubbing your hands?" Asks Bucky.

"Static electricity" I answer.

"What do you need that for?"

"This!" I grab Bucky's hand and force him to hold on to my arm. I slam my hands on the floor and a mini electrical shock wave disables all of the agents weapons and throws them back quit a few feet. I think I shut down most of the electricity in the area. Some agents fall of the wall while others are unconscious. I help Bucky up and we bolt it. 

"C'mon! We're almost there!" I tell him.  Bucky stumbles a bit but regains balance and runs with me. Another helicopter comes, this time they have a machine gun on it. I swear under my breath again, and I hear one of the lights in the agency's court yard burst. This is not good!
     They start shooting, but Bucky and I zig–zag to dodge them. My lungs are burning, screaming at me to stop but I can't! We have to get away! They shoot again, this time closer to Bucky.

What are they doing? Don't they want their most powerful weapon? I think.

    I focus on the helicopter, my pupils grow large as I magnify my vision. I concentrate on it and hit it with my electricity. The electricity shoots to the helicopter slowing it down. I suddenly hear Bucky grunt, and fall off the wall!

"Bucky!" I call out. I dive and just barely grab his arm metal arm.

"It's ok! I got you!" I say. I try pulling him back up, but a loud bang and a pain in my arm (the one I'm using to hold onto Bucky) stops me short.

"Urgh!" I shout from the pain, but I don't let go. I see the panic in Bucky's face as I try to pull him back up again. Another bang and more pain in the same arm finally makes me let go.

"BUCKY!" I scream. Just before I see him hit the ground, a hand grabs my shoulder and throws me away from the edge. Two agents grab both my arms and drag me away. Flash backs from when I was in the medical lab go through my mind, and I lose it. I squirm and scream at the top of my lungs. Tears go down my face as I strain my lungs with my screaming. Finally, I feel a familiar pain in my neck as they inject tranquilizer into me. I start to feel drowsiness and I see dark spots.

I failed Steve...I failed everyone....

                    •     •     •     •

   I feel so weird...my head hurts...I can't move....
    I groan as I slowly move my head up. My head is pounding, I feel like I went clubbing and just woke up with a massive hangover. I finally open my eyes and look around. Im in an empty room with a concrete floor and empty white walls. The only light is a single light bulb above me.
    I try to move my arms but I can't. I look and see them strapped in place with metal cuffs. Every time I try to move, my wrists feel tingly and I feel a small burning sensation. Vibranium.
    I keep my breathing steady so I don't lose the only light source I have. I remember my arm was shot at twice. I look at my right arm and see it patched up with a gauze and everything. I also notice wires attached to my arms and legs. This is a little strange, but it doesn't faze me too much.

"Well this is just great" I say in Russian. "What's next? You're gonna force me to do the polka? I don't think–" I'm interrupted when a jolt of pain goes through my body! I scream as all my muscles tense up. It suddenly stops. My head slumps down, breathing heavy.

"What...was...that?!" I say. The last part I shout.

"That was your version of electric shock" I hear a voice say. I look around, but I don't see  where it's coming from. "You see, we know what your weakness is, so we made a special torture machine just for you. The vibranium is your weakness, no?"

"No shit, Sherlock" I sass. The voice just laughs. I feel another jolt of pain go through me, this time it hurts so much, I can hardly scream. The pain stops again, leaving me with only an ache in my body.

"Why don't you come out and show your face you coward!" I growl.

"If you say so" says the voice. The stranger walks out the darkness, but I realize he's no stranger at all. I see the familiar smirk on his face, the chocolate brown eyes I once loved.

"Carlos...?"

Told you that Carlos was important! This is a really good chapter what do you think? Leave a comment and a vote letting me know. Have a super day!