Chapter 19

Winky

I open my eyes, my ears are ring–ing. I feel so heavy, why did I wake up. A groan escapes my lips, everything feels sore. I hear shuffling and pressure on my left hand. I turn my head, every–thing is blurry though.

"Winky?" I hear a familiar voice say. Is it Tony?

"Am I still in HYDRA?" I practically mumble, trying to focus on the blurry figure over me.

"No, miss I-always-seem-to-get-into-trouble" yup, definitely Tony. "You're in your room"

My vision finally clears up. I see Tony with a smile on his face. His dark brown hair all messy and he has a small cut on his forehead, but he seems fine.

"Dork" I in a tired voice.

I suddenly remember what happened earlier. Oh gosh, Bucky.

"Tony, is everyone ok?" I ask, concerned.

"Yeah, everyone's fine. Don't worry" the billionaire answers. I sigh with half relief, still a little worried about my team. I'll believe it when I see it.

I sit up, now noticing that my right arm is in a sling, and my shoulder is bandaged up. How did I not notice that? Also noticing that the bandage on my left arm is gone, leaving nothing but a faint scare from where bullet wounds used to be.
    I may regenerate, but injuries like these always leave scars. I didn't mind the battle scars, just the surgery ones on my stomach and back. I also had several scars on my arms and legs, also from surgeries.
Tony noticed my confused look at the sling and bandage. "A piece of debris was in your shoulder. I think the shock from the blast was the reason why you didn't feel it" He clarifies.

"Except for the pounding headache" I say, burying my face in my left hand.

"Here" Tony hands me an aspirin and a glass of water. He came prepared. I love it when he does that, it's how he shows he cares.

"Thanks" I say, taking the pill and glass of water. I swallow the aspirin, and drink the rest of the water, realizing how thirsty I am.

"Winky...I'm sorry about what I said earlier. I know I crossed a line, and that wasn't cool" Tony apologizes. His eyes look guilty, making me feel bad for ever provoking him.

"It's ok. Maybe I do need a brother to watch over me, just...not all the time" I accept.

"I just...I feel responsible for you. Before we found you, I was a mess. I thought I would never see you again, and it'd be all my fault"

"Woah woah woah! None of this was your fault, I was the one who stormed out and made myself vulnerable" I rubbed his shoulder awkwardly. I'm still trying get used to showing affec–tion, although it's getting better.

    Tony smiled at me, noticing my attempt to comfort him. I missed him. The rest of the team can barely stand him, but for me, he's like a sixth sense. When I'm around him, I feel com–fortable, protected, happy. Like I've know him my whole life.

"I heard that agent Collins was..." Tony trails off.

"Yeah...he was. I thought we were great friends but I guess he just wanted to use me for my powers" I say.

I can't believe I let my guard down for a freaking guy. A guy! Was I that desperate to find someone to love me for me that I would jump head first into a relationship without question? I bite my lip, angry at my self for ever having feelings for that asshat.

"He still cared though..." I say to no one in particular.

"Hey, look at me" Tony moves my chin up to look at him. His face looks angry, but not at me, but at Carlos.