Chapter 8

Winky

   I was sitting in the doctors office. My mom dragged me there because I was  having really bad headaches, and of course my mom thought it was life threatening. She overreacted over everything, my love life, my social life.
    My thoughts were interrupted when the doctor came in. My mom looked at him, a worried look on her face.
"The, uh, test results came in" said the doctor.
"And?" Said my mom.
"There's no easy way to say this...your daughter has brain cancer"

  Those words. Those very words, are how my life started to fall apart around me. I remember the pain I felt. I remember the look in my mom and dad's eyes when they heard the news. I remember going to my room after coming home from the doctors office. I remember screaming into my pillow, praying every night I would be healed. I remember accepting my fate. I remember those looks of pity on everyone's face. I couldn't take it. I actually lashed out at my parents and my friends. I just hated the way they looked at me.

  I wake up. No, I fall off my bed. I sit up, rubbing my head and groan, swearing under my breath. Another memory with little information. 
    I know I was diagnosed with cancer, and I know that I accepted my fate a long time ago, but my parents didn't. They were filthy rich, so they did everything in their power to make me better, but I think it only did more damage then good.
   I sigh, I need a drink. I get off the floor and walk into the hallway. I try my best to navigate through the hallway, muttering a string of curses every time I make a wrong turn. I finally reach the kitchen and grab a cup from the cabinet. I fill it up with water only to spill its contents when I see a figure near the window.
"Tony?" I gasp. "You scared the shit out of me" he turns around, chuckling.

"Oh ha-ha" I say sarcastically.

"What are you doing up?" He asks.

"I could say the same for you" I say.

Tony walks past me and grabs a roll of paper towel to clean up my mess.
"I was in the lab" he says, while wiping up the water. "Your turn"

"I was thirsty"

"So you try to navigate the halls on you own for like half an hour just to grab a drink, when you could just as easily get one from the tap in your bathroom?"

    I pause. "Yeah..." I say, awkwardly crossing my arms. "I guess I just needed to clear my head"

"Knowing you, your head is never clear. It's always thinking" Tony wipes up the last bit of water and throws the used paper towel in the trash.

"Yeah, my mind is always busy" I say smiling.

"Tony, are you ever going to talk to Steve about what happened today?" he looks down, suddenly interested in the floor.

"How about he talks to me first" he says. I roll my eyes.

"This is going to get worse. How can you guys be able to communicate during missions? You can't just avoid him all day, hiding in your lab. You need to talk with him" I rant. Tony sighs and nods. He just agreed with me, that's new.
     I suddenly feel my head getting he–avy, my eyelids feel like a weight like the ones in the gym. I take in a big yawn as sleep tries to take over.

"You should go to bed" Tony says. I nod. I stop at the door way, and turn to Him.
"Tony" I say.

"Yeah?"