Chapter 9

couple hours later, I walk down hallway, trying to find Steve. He was talking about me, and I want answers. I make my way down the hallway, and find the gym. When I see Steve training, I start boiling up with anger. I stomp in there, Steve hardly notices.

"Steve!" I say, venom laced my voice. This time, He notices and stops punching the punching bag.

"Hey Winky-" he starts, but I cut him off.

"Why didn't you tell me someone's out to kill me?" Steve gives me a look of shock, like he's surprised I found out.

"H-how did you find out? We're you ease dropping on Natasha and I?" He finally says.

"For good reason! I deserve to know about this stuff!" My voice is getting louder.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I-I was going but-"

"But what? You thought I couldn't handle it?"

"No, that's-"

"I'm not a child Rogers, I'm 76 years old Dammit!"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you! You don't just tell someone that they might be murdered by a Nazi organization!"

"At least you would have told me!" I shout that last part and a light fixture on the ceiling bursts. That's my fault. when I get too stressed, or have any negative emotions, anything with electricity will burst or flicker. We both look at each other, his eyes full of anger and guilt, mine burning holes in his face.
Steve takes a deep breath before speaking, this time in a quitter tone. "I'm really sorry Winky, but-"

"No" I cut him off. "Don't make exc–
uses. Just don't" I walk off in a huff, leaving Steve alone in the gym once again.

                     •     •     •     •    

    I'm Sitting in the lounge with Clint and Tony. I don't want to talk about what went down in the gym. That's something between Steve and I, but I still wanted to talk to someone.

"Man, I think I'm getting a cold" says Clint.

"Why do you say that?" I ask.

"Well my throat hurts a bit, and I feel tired even though I got a good sleep last night" he explains. While he's talking I whip out my phone and pretend to push buttons.

"Ok, I looked up your symptoms. It says you have an irritable nerve disorder" I say.

"What does that mean?" He asks.

"It means you're really annoying" Tony throws his head back in laughter.

"That's my girl" he says as he high fives me.

"Ha-ha very funny" Clint says, holding back a smile.

   "I was saving that one for the right moment" I say laughing. Suddenly a pair of hands are placed over my eyes.
"Guess who?" Says a manly voice. I know who this is!
"Carlos?" I guess. He moves his hands and I spin around. There, I see a cute man with brown curly hair, chocolate brown eyes, and slightly tanned skin. He smiles at me, his dimples somehow making him even more cute then he already is.
"Hey Peri" he says. I jump off the couch and give him a great big hug.
Last month I was kinda in a rela–tionship with him. He seemed nice and I liked him, but I broke up with him. I broke up with him because I didn't know what fancying someone actually felt like. Now that I think about it, I don't think I have ever fancied someone before, not even before being shipped off to a lab. I still wanted us to be friends, and he seemed to under–stand. He's such a great guy.

"Hey Agent Collins, it's been a while" Clint says shaking his hand.

"I thought you were on a mission in Amsterdam" says Tony. He never liked him, the only reason being that he and I were in a relationship and Tony is a little protective.

"Well I'm back, and still alive. Too bad for you Tony" Laughs Carlos. He turns to me.

"You wanna, uh...go for a walk, maybe?" He says nervously.

"Um, sure. Why not?" I answer. Tony and Clint look at each other, and then at me. I give them a reassuring look, and walk out to the busy city that is, New York.

   We walk while talking about crazy missions and funny stories. We do this all the way to Central Park.
"And then I said 'it means you're really annoying'" I say.
We both laugh at my story. Carlos stops and turns to me, staring into my strangely colored eyes.

"I really missed you Peri" he says. I grin.

"I missed you two" I say.

He slowly leans over, I do the same, My mind screaming at me not to. I listen and move my head before our lips touch.

"What's wrong?" He asks, concerned.

"I...I can't do this. Not now" I answer.

"But...I thought you were ready?"

"It's only been half a year since I was rescued Carlos. I realize, I don't have time for a relationship. With work, and trying to figure out my life and my powers, I just" I take a deep sigh "I just don't think of you that way anymore"

   Carlos looks down, obviously disappointed. This is so hard. I feel like a terrible person. He sighs before answering.

"What happened to us then? Did we both feel the same way, or just pretended?"

"I never pretended, I just didn't know what to feel"

he looks so defeated, and angry, but he doesn't say anything.

"Hey" I say to get his attention. "This doesn't mean I didn't have the time of my life with you, because I did. But it's over now, and we both need to move on" that's all I got. What do I do now? He's not answering, or saying anything at all.
   I do the only thing I can do, and that is walk back to The Avengers Tower. Leaving Carlos, and anything I felt for him behind me for good.

                      •     •     •     •

    I walk into the lounge again, this time Steve is here. Oh great. I want to turn around, but he spots me before I can leave.
"Winky, can we talk?" He asks, walking over to me rather quickly.
I pause before answering. "Uh, sure, I guess" I answer, practically mumbling the last part.

"I'm really sorry. It was a bad idea not to talk to you first, and realize it only made things worse" Steve apologizes. 

"Are you saying I'm right?" I say in disbelief. Steve looks around, suddenly interested in our surroundings. I can't help but smile.

"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have raised my voice at you" Steve gives me a relived smile.

"Good, good..." He trails off.

"What, you thought I was gonna scream at you again?" I laugh, Steve laughs with me.

"Tony Stark is calling all of the Avengers to his lab. He says its very urgent" says F.R.I.D.A.Y.

We both look at each other, slightly worried, and rush to the lab.
  We make it to the lab, and see everyone else there as well.

"What's going on?" Says Steve as he walks in. I'm close behind.

Everyone else looks just as confused, but Tony seems to have a look I can't decipher. Instead of answering Steve's question, he taps the screen and plays a video.
It shows the Winter Soldier standing in front of a wall of HYDRA soldiers. Suddenly he gets two knives out and brutally slashes at them.
I look away, feeling kinda sick. I look at Steve, who looks like he's holding back tears. I don't know what to do, other then look away from him, and back at the screen.
The fighting stops. Bucky's covered in blood, and breathing heavy. It looks like he loses his footing for a second. He looks down and sees his hand covered in blood. Tony pauses the video.

"He's injured, he couldn't have gotten far" Says Natasha.

"Where could have gone?" Says Wanda.

"Where was this Tony?" I chime in.

Tony taps a few buttons before answering. "Uh...somewhere in..." He stops and turns. "This was in an unknown location in America"

Hope you like this chapter! I know that one part with Agent Carlos may seem useless, but trust me it's very important to the story.

VOTE

COMMENT