06 | Selling

▻     ♖     ◅

▻ ♖ ◅

"I have no idea what I'm doing with this channel, the production team wants to make a new show but they haven't even finished Game of Checkers yet and second of all these names are just terrible. Absolutely terrible." I ranted, going through the scripts and offers with a pen tucked between my fingers as Heath watched me with wary blue eyes across the dining table.

"Want a fajita?" He randomly asked with full cheeks, happily munching as he hesitantly offered the food in a slightly apprehensive manner, staring at me like a shy child as I snapped my gaze to him.

"No I don't want a fajita." I harshly said at the same time that I grabbed the fajita right out of his hand, taking a large bite out of it like some barbaric caveman before he chuckled, leaning forward and playing with a strand of my black hair as I looked up to see the calm, understanding smile on his face, making me relax.

"Hun, gosh I'm sorry," I apologized with a tone of guilt, reaching out to gently cupping his face as he turned his head to kiss my palm.

"Sh, don't apologize. You're just stressed is all, I mean, I still want my fajita back but I get it." He told me, attempting to lighten the mood as I smiled, dropping my pen and work with a sigh as I leaned back in my chair, watching Heath raise my legs from the floor to bring them over his lap as he ran his calloused palms soothingly over my calves.

"Come on, you are the best director. The best. Tim Burton who? Steven Spielberg who?" He questioned, looking around as if he would find the all time famous directors as I hid my smile behind my hands, shaking my head, laughing.

"How's your clients The Todd family going for you?" I asked with interest, taking another bite of his fajita as he unconsciously massaged my sock covered feet as he looked up at the ceiling in thought, releasing a sigh.

"Well, you know how they are. But I'm not giving up on them, nope, worked too hard." Heath tsked with a confident shake of his head, grinning at me as I smiled, resting my elbow against the arm of my chair.

"It's cause you're the very best realtor ever. The best." I emphasized with an over dramatic widening of my eyes, using his words as he laughed before agreeing.

"That is very, very true Mrs. Styles." He wagged a finger at me, placing my feet back down before rising up, only to kick off his shoes, showing off his baby blue socks I got him as he climbed onto the table, making me straighten in my chair in alarm as he wobbled slightly before regaining his balance.

"Heath get off the table you're going to hurt yourself." I deadpanned, my natural resting bitch face strong but my voice filled with worry as I stood up from my chair to raise my hands, as if I could catch my six foot, well built man of a husband if he fell.

"I, Heath Styles, am the best realtor." Heath declared, placing his hands over his hips and posing like a heroic super hero as I blinked up at him with a blank expression.