17 | Pulling

Maybe it would have been a lot cooler and more dramatic if everything was in slow motion.

Unfortunately it all happened much too fast.

One minute I'm pressing my hand against the glass with a frown, staring at Harry's saddened face and just thinking about how I needed to be with him, that I would do anything to be by his side before the material beneath my fingers began to dissipate before my eyes, forming into an almost thick, clear liquidy substance as my hand went through.

Gravity seemed to take a toll on me since I was practically leaning all my weight against the now non-existent barrier as I let out a startled yelp with wide, shocked eyes, unceremoniously falling right through the mirror passing over to Harry's side until I landed face first on the floor of his dorm since Harry had hung the mirror slightly up on the wall.

"Ow." I made a face, sitting myself up and rubbing my forehead before my hazel eyes met Harry's enlarged, bloodshot green ones, his sharp jaw slack with astonishment as he gazed at me in disbelief, frozen just a few inches away from me.

With nothing to separate us.

"Harry," I straightened, just as stunned as he was when I took in my surroundings, finding myself in our old room before glancing over my shoulder at the mirror behind me, my bedroom right through it as I snapped my head back to Harry who pointed at me with a dropped jaw.

I brought my hand up to touch him, to push the long strands of brown hair that were falling over his forehead only to stop myself, my fingers flinching back before I could make contact, afraid that I would go right through him again, that I would no longer have a physical form like I did in Simpli-City.

"I'm- I'm scared." I whispered, swallowing nervously as our gazes locked.

"I'm not." Harry finally said, wasting no time
in grabbing the hem of my hijab, pulling me to him with one strong pull, moving forward with open arms at the same time causing our bodies to fully crash as I fell back to the floor with a startled, choked cry, while Harry tackled me in a hug.

My mind couldn't fully process the fact that Harry and I were actually making physical contact as Harry nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck like an attention deprived cat, somewhat crushing me with his much bigger frame as my arms found their way around his broad shoulders.

I've always imagined how it would feel like to actually touch Harry, I just never expected to feel such soft skin over the hard muscles of his arms, with Harry too busy cuddling into me to notice the way my fingers traced the design of his tattoos in wonder, my mouth in the shape of a small curious 'O' before I eyed his brown locks of hair that grew a little past his shoulders.

Hesitantly, I brought my hand to his head of hair, gently patting the locks as my eyes widened in awe.

"Soft." Harry and I both breathed out, my gaze trained on his hair and his attention on my body as he rested the side of his face between my chest, smiling.

I knew changing his conditioner was a good call.

"I missed you too." I wheezed out, voice slightly strained with how tight Harry was holding me, now fully delving my fingers into his soft hair and massaging his scalp as he brought his head up to look at me, our bodies and faces the closest they've ever been as he hovered over me, his hair falling slightly over my own face.

Harry was uncharacteristically silent, observing me before he propped his body up with one elbow on my side, peering down and slowly bringing his hand to my face, making me close my eyes and hug myself as I felt his fingers gently run across my eyelids, then skimming my lashes making them flutter slightly.