15 | Reflecting

I had never seen my reflection before

Never saw my own features.

I remembered late at night when Harry was still up and we were both laying in bed side by side, I curiously asked him how I looked.

He didn't say anything for a moment.

"You have a big face." Was his nonchalant response and I could tell he was smirking in the dark as I displayed a straight face, staring up at the ceiling.

"Thanks." I blandly told him, assuming this was probably the end of our little convo as I closed my eyes.

It was silent for a few more seconds before I felt Harry shift slightly.

"You're beautiful." His gruff voice split through the silence, my eyes opening as I furrowed my brows in surprise, not daring to take my gaze off the ceiling to look at him.

"Are you sure you're not just complimenting yourself." I pointed out in a monotone voice, hearing him chuckle slightly before he muttered a "definitely not."

"Your face is really round, but you have like... this cute chin." He awkwardly explained, making me dart my gaze to him in the dark before I quickly closed my eyes, trying to imagine it.

"Okay."

"You're skin reminds me of the color of coffee, but when you put some milk in it. You have dimples just like me, they show when you smile which is one of the reasons I like making you smile- of course my dimples are better by the way." He added, making me smile in the night.

"Of course." I echoed.

He paused for a moment, thinking.

"I can't touch you but... you look soft. I don't know, that's the best way to explain it. You also have really long lashes, full eyebrows, and your nose is like a little chubby but it's cool cause it's cute."

I pictured the image in my mind of my appearance.

"So I look like a muppet." I broke the silence with my observation.

"Pretty much." Harry laughed in a joking manner, causing me to join in lightly.

I was the first to turn on my side to face him, catching Harry's eye before he did the same, smugly smiling at me while I rested my cheek over my hand and he placed his face over his tucked, tattooed arm.

"I can't touch you, but you look soft too." I told him truthfully, blinking as he made an amused face.

"But I'm always hard-"

"I meant if I touched your hair you idiot." I cut him off, making him grin.

He smiled as he looked at me, as if preparing to say something before he brought his hand up between us, palm up for mine while I hesitantly followed, raising my hand as well and letting our palms almost touch, only for my skin to fade and blur slightly from being so close to him like it always did.