The History of The Great Kingdoms

Long ago, the world was ruled by no one. No rules were created and no justice was given to those who were killed. One night, a girl was murdered in the most gruesome way possible. Drowning in her own blood and her insides scattered all over, her mother cried for the death of her only child, her angel. Consumed by rage, she seek the moon's power and used it. She created her own prayer and incantations. She practiced for years until she controlled her power, and then, she used it on her daughter's murderer. Cursing him to feel pain every full moon. His screams were music to her ears and after 3  months, he shifted into a wolf. He had enhanced senses and something more. A soul is trapped inside him too! A soul that called out to the lady who made him that way. He felt compassion and hurt when he recognised who the lady is. It was the mother of the girl he murdered. He begged for forgiveness which was first denied by the lady. Then after a few months of being her prisoner he noticed a few changes, she doesn't look at him with hate and rage but with sadness, he also noticed that she leaves the door open and gave him enough food to regain his strength. It was a year after he was captured when he went up the basement and saw the lady going out the house. He followed her and saw she was heading at the river. She let the water carry a bunch of lavender and sat by the rock. She was praying to her daughter. He went beside her and kneeled, he asked again for forgiveness and told her that he'll be her protector. She agreed after a moment of thinking.

Somewhere north, a couple was blessed with a child, but this child was ill and weak. The healers predicted the child's death after a month. The couple was saddened by this news but they didn't loose hope. They searched far and wide and hear about a great healer in the south. They travelled for 3 days and a when they reached the south, they asked the villagers where the said healer lives. The villagers lead them to the forest and robbed them, the couple put on a fight but they were stabbed. As they were about to die, a mischievous god arrived and asked them if they want help. They said that they want their son safe and wanted to him grow. The god slyly smiled and granted their request. He summoned magic and turned them into creatures that had amazing strength and speed but needed blood to survive. The god laughed and faded away, the couple and child cried in pain and after blacking out, they smelt a strong and powerful scent. They followed it and reached the healer's home. They barged in and looked around, fangs out and eyes black with a hint of craziness in it. They both let out a growl of approval when they smelled their prey getting closer. The healer looked at them with pity and gave them raw meat. As they hungrily ate it, she casted a spell. A spell to give them humanity even though it isn't always with them. It was a binding spell. Binding them to the moon as she did on the shifter. The couple will feel normal during the day but they will feel the monsters they have during the night. As the moon slowly fade away, so will their humanity. It was the strongest spell she could cast. The spell weakened her, leaving the shifter to protect her. The shifter knew what his job was, protect the patients and his master. He welcomed the now conscious patients and led them to a spare room and attended his master. A few days later, the healer woke up. She explained to the couple what she did and who she is. She was a practitioner of magic and isn't actually a healer but a witch. The couple was surprised  and was confused. The healer told them that they were fooled by a god and that she casted a spell to them and gave them a piece of humanity. The couple was grateful and asked if their son was also cursed. The witch nodded and the couple asked again if  she could save their son from an unknown illness. The witch replied that as soon as the curse was given to them, no human illnesses will be experienced.

After a century, a small group of shifters, witches and vampires were created. They created rules and both human and supernatural followed it. Though some of them were not happy with it. They rebelled against the clans and created civil war. It went on for years and experimented both humans and supernatural.

A girl arrived at the town. She claimed to be part fae and asked them to stop the war. The creatures of the night ignored and insulted her. She felt her eyes change and her body shift. She rose up the ground and spread her arms. Flames licked her skin as she opened her mouth and said.

"I am Arianne of the West. Chosen by the fae to hold her powers and chosen by the goddess to hold the powers of the Sun. Obey me and stop this war, those who won't listen will be punished by the gods."

She then transformed into a bird with flames surrounding its body and let out a cry. The creatures of the night bowed down to their queen; a messenger of the gods and goddesses. Rules we created and clans were once again united. The poor souls that were experimented were awknowledged as a clan and each of them was given a piece of land. That era was called The Golden Time. The stories of how the great kingdoms were born have been told but never the story of the Golden Queen.

I know it really seems different tom special chapter 3 but it's because it was mixed by a bonus chapter. Look at the chapter entitled 'Siblings of the Golden Flames' and you will see the part where Arianne becomes a queen. Maybe I'll unravel more of her story in the next chapters. Thank you for reading this book :)