IMAGINE: Peter and you falling in love

You ride through the woods, bareback on your mare, as king Peter, your best friend, follows behind you on his horse. You pull your horse up to a stop in the clearing, grinning as Peter makes his way into the clearing.

"You're wild, Y/N." He says breathlessly, grinning back at you.

You laugh and shrug. "You're probably right." You agree as Peter and you circle each other with your horses. Peter and you have been best friends since he become king of Narnia. The both of you have slight, unearthed feelings for each other, which is one of the reasons why you spend most of your free time together.

"The sun's going down." Peter claims.

"We should be getting back home." You sigh. You glance at Peter. "Race you back." You say.

Peter grins. "Oh, you're on." He laughs.

"1...2...3...Go!" You exclaim, kicking your mare in the flanks. She bolts. Peter isn't far behind.

Peter and you race against the plains, neck in neck. Soon you're on the beach. The setting sun is casting a warm orange glow on the water. The horses kick up the sand and you can't wipe the smile off your face. Your hair is flying wildly behind you. When Peter and you make it back to the stables, you're both out of breath.

The stable hand grabs Peter's reins and looks up at both of you, grinning. "That was a tie." He admits. Peter and you laugh.

"Agreed." You say, swinging down from your horse.

"You two make a very beautiful couple, you know." The stable hand states boldly. Your eyes widen and heat flames into your cheeks. You turn away from Peter and start brushing down your mare.

"O-h." Peter says, his voice cracking. You chance a glance at Peter and he's already staring at you. You quickly look away, your heart pounding nervously.

"Well, I'll just take these two horses and get them cleaned up. I know dinner is waiting for you." The stable hand says, taking the horses and leading them away. You stand there awkwardly with Peter. You look at each other and you laugh nervously.

Peter shifts, smiling close-lipped at you. "We-we should go." He says. You nod and follow him.

---
Peter and you sit across from each other at dinner, giving each other the occasional shy glance. For some reason what the stable hand said to you earlier burns in your memory. You sigh and pick at your food, suddenly not very hungry at all.

"Uh, I'm going to take my leave." You say to Peter.

He looks up at you worriedly. "Are you all right?" He asks.

You nod at him and smile. "Yeah, I just don't feel hungry, that's all." You say.

He smiles back at you. "See you tomorrow then." He replies.

"Goodnight." You return, before you quietly pull back your chair and leave the huge dining room. You flee to the confines of your room, getting very strange looks from people as you do.

You shut the door to your bedroom and then rest against it, heaving a sigh. You push yourself off the door and start pacing, biting your lip. You have strange stirrings in your heart and you can't get Peter off your mind.

A knock sounds at your door, making you jump. You go to answer it. "Peter." You say in surprise as he leans against the door frame. He stands up straight. "What are you doing here?" You ask.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay. You left dinner kind of suddenly and I wanted to make sure that everything is okay." He says.

You smile. "Peter, like I told you earlier, I'm fine. I'm just not hungry." You answer. "But thank you for checking on me. I really appreciate it."