IMAGINE: Liam asking you to a ball

You walk through the gardens of the palace with Prince Liam. You are a princess from another kingdom. Liam and you haven't been promised to each other, but you like to think so. He captures you like none other.

     Liam clears his throat. "So, Y/N..."

     "So, Liam..."

     He smiles at you. "I don't know if you've heard but we're holding a ball here in about a month."

     "I've heard rumors and such. I wasn't sure if there were any solid plans though."

     "Well, for a while we weren't sure if there was going to be one, but my sister Eleanor really wanted one. So my mother decided to hold one." He explains.

     You clasp your hands in front of you. "That will be nice. It will be a nice getaway from life for the night."

     "I agree. It should prove distracting for a bit." Liam murmurs distractedly. You glance at him. He's looking to the ground. He's been so stressed and uptight ever since his father and older brother died. Liam will now for sure be king.

      You stop walking and put your hand on his arm. "Look at me, Liam." You command softly. He slowly does. "You need to just take a break right now. From life. I know you didn't expect to become king, but this is how things are going to be now. Sometimes life throws curve balls at us that we couldn't possibly imagine. But instead of it knocking us down, we have to stand strong and fight against the storm. Each twist and turn of life will make us stronger. I know that to be true. You're strong, Liam. Just imagine how strong you'll be after this." You say. Liam pulls you into his arms and holds you tightly. You sigh and close your eyes.

    After Liam holds you for a few minutes, he takes your arms and gently pulls you back. He smiles at you. "Thank you, Y/N. I really appreciate it. I really appreciate you."

     "Anytime, Liam. I'm happy I can help." You reply.

     Liam slides his hand into yours and then you both continue to walk the garden grounds. "I never finished what I was telling you."

     You look at him, your eyebrows raised. "Yes?"

     "We're having the ball, as you know. But I don't have anyone to go with. I certainly don't want to go alone. And-and I was wondering if...if you'd like to come with me...?" He says wistfully and shyly.

     You try not to smile too widely, beyond excited. "Liam, I...I'd love to go with you." You sigh.

     "You would?" He asks in surprise, swiveling his head to stare at you.

     You nod, glowing. "Yes." You answer, squeezing his hand.

     He laughs in surprise. "Great. That's great!" He exclaims, excitedly hugging you. You laugh and hug him back.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!