Chapter 4

Jude and Brooke in the media box.

Chapter 4- Plans and Perfection

" The more you sweat in practise, the less you bleed in battle"

" There's seven billion people in the world and your over-reacting because we killed one man."

" But," Maya went to speak but I interrupted her.

" Seven. Billion. People. Now quit complaining and eat your ice-cream." I commanded, taking my own and savouring the cold taste. I softened at her broken expression and hesitantly put my ice-cream down.

Ew.

I was going soft.

What was happening to me?!

" Maya... He wasn't a good man. I promise you." After seeing no change in her expression, I decided to do something. " He was the guy that Brooke saved you from."

She gasped loudly, her eyes stinging with unshead tears. " You know?"

I shook my head. " No. Brooke gave me a name, address and when I asked, he just told me the same thing you did and added that he was a part of The Demonios."

I continued. " He didn't tell me and I won't ask. It's personal."

" Promise me Alexi." Her small voice shook. She reminded me of someone that I wanted to forget and I felt sick.

I swallowed. " I promise you, Maya."

Brooke's POV:

That girl was a mystery.

She had lost everything yet she never shown fear, she wasn't afraid. She was almost fearless.

It was almost as though she had stopped caring completely.

Her shattered fragments had gave up on putting themselves back together.

I heard her little mumble after my speech on The Vipers.

" Not even me."

What does that mean?

Has she really gone all these years without knowing what happened to the majority of her family?

The Vipers.

The two words that used to send ice cold shivers down my spine.

A name so feared that even the biggest and strongest of men used to whisper it in fear, as though one of them would jump out of the shadows and murder them.

They were deadly.

Dangerous.

But aren't we all?

What made them so feared yet so respected?

" I don't want her knowing, Brooke. At least not yet." Gray's orotund voice caught my attention.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. " Why not Gray? She deserves to know that not everyone is gone."

He signed impatiently, biting his lip. " Not yet Brooke, please. She won't be able to handle it. Judging by how she reacted the other day, I'm pretty sure she'd go out and kill them all and we can't risk that yet. We need to get Evan back and then we'll get the others. She recognised me when we first met, I know she did. Her eyes glazed over as though she was debating something to herself. "