Chapter 8

Jayce in the media box 💘

Chapter 8- Snakes and Spies

" No matter how much a snake sheds it's skin, it's still a snake"

" If someone gets nosy. just..... you know... shoot 'em"

" Shoot 'em?" Jacoby questioned, raising his eyebrows in disbelief.

" Politely." I pointed to a part on the map in front of me. " That's where they'll be. Tyler keeps his hostages close so they won't be far away. Aim to kill, not injure. We want everyone out safely. "

*****

The cold look reflected on his face gave me shudders. His hands were tightly closed around the cold surface of the metallic grey coloured gun. He seemed to have no sense of humanity. Almost psychopathic, like he'd completely lost all sense of himself. His heart was made of stone, the way he had brutally killed his own brother. I would never forget the evil glint in his beastly eyes.

I was no better then him.

He killed his brother; So did I.

He was a murderer; So am I.

He wanted to kill me; I wanted to kill him.

Perhaps we have more in common with our demons then we care to admit.

I didn't know who threw the first punch, but suddenly my fist was slamming into his face while he tried to hit my stomach. The gun flew out of his hands. Blood pooled in his mouth as I gagged. We stumbled apart for a brief second to catch our breaths before diving back at each other, eyes narrowed in determination. He threw his body weight behind the fist that edged closer to my face, it hit my jaw with such force blood pooled into my mouth. Pain erupted from the point of impact yet I remained emotionless. Stars burst in my vision but I shook it off. With my own two hands I grasped his head in my hands and brought my knee cap up to his nose, there was a blunt crack and I released his head. Crimson leaked from both his nostrils and his nose was twisted right. He drew his fist back again and it ploughed into my stomach, he knew where to hit and he used it too his advantage. My guts smashed together, blood vessels bursting. I repaid this by punching his jaw, my fist collided with all my body weight put into it. I continued this battering until he fell to the floor. His chest gently rose and sank with each shallow breath he drew in. "Is that all you got?" I asked, smirking infuriatingly at him. My blood hummed in my veins as determination and anger took over.

I used his hair to pull his head up. I wiped the blood from my cheek and picked up the knife. My eyes followed my blade as I pressed it against his neck.

" Don't. Move." I said in the deadliest whisper. I was feeding off his fear.

He coughed in surrender. " You killed Cole. You killed our brother."

" Your brother. Ash was my brother. Not you and not Cole. Brother's don't do what you both did." I released a deep breath and tightened my grip.

" Give me one good reason why I shouldn't slit your throat right now." I panted.

" I'm your brother Ally. You're my baby sister. Please, I've changed. I want my sister back. This isn't you. You're not a bad person Alexi. You can't do it." I shook my head and cried out. " This isn't what Mom and Dad would want. They'd want us together. They'd want us to be a family." I released his head and watched him stand up painfully.