Chapter 14

---------------

Part 2

3 Years later

" Be your own damn hero"

---------------

Chapter 14- Honesty and Home

"I think I fall in love a little bit with anyone who shows me their soul. This world is so guarded and fearful, I appreciate rawness so much."

Unknown POV:

I fiddled with my keys as I tried to open my front door. I was immediately greeted by the sweet smelling flowers that embraced the room gently. I placed my keys onto the side table and walked into the kitchen, quickly putting my phone on charge before it died.

I played around on my phone for a while before turning on my TV. Almost instantly the news came on with the same headline that had been broadcasting for days, 'Gang members cause uprising in the Capital'.

I shake my head automatically and change the channel, once again the news blatantly ignored all the facts.

How could they cast away all the government had done to ruin our country?

My phone rings suddenly and I answer without checking the caller id.

" We need you again."

The familiar voice on the other end says, then hangs up.

*.*.*

Brookes POV:

A women followed Grayson into the room.

A women with long, dark hair.

And piercing eyes.

She walked into the room as though nothing had changed. Her legs were taller, her stomach was flatter and her face was softer. Her eyes no longer concealing her emotions and hiding her away from reality, but not revealing them either. Yet I knew she could kill anybody in the room in less than a second.

Words couldn't describe how much I missed her.

I thought I'd never see her again

I stared at her in confusion, thinking that my mind was making up things that couldn't possibly be true.

" Hold on," Clayton spoke first, gazing at her in uncertainty. " You died."

" Yeah, well it didn't stick." Her voice was the exact same yet alien to me. More mature, more soft. Quieter than before. The sarcasm laced into her voice shone rays of recognition out into the space. My members finally beginning to remember their Queen.

I just looked at her, not talking, not making a sound. Just looking at the women before me. No emotion was dominant, perhaps a hybrid between confusion, and anger, and fear.

And joy.

She just glanced at me, before scanning her glistening eyes over my family, irises lingering on certain individuals.

I blocked out my surroundings and just focused on her.

" Why do you keep trying to put a blanket on me?" I spoke finally, aiming the sentence at Evans weak attempt to throw a blanket over me.

" Because you're in shock, its quite common." He said matter of factly, once again trying to place the blanket over me.

" I don't need a stupid blanket, I need booze." I stated, pulling myself out of my chair and standing up.

Another person entered the room, I looked to see the women's best friend stood there, once again risen from the dead.

" Explain. Now." Jude commanded, his fists clenching and unclenching. The first woman looked puzzled at his actions yet we understood. After we found out they were dead, Jude was extremely saddened by it and regretted his actions towards both of the now resurrected girls.

" It's a long story." Her answer was vague, empty.

" We all thought you both were dead for 2 years, we have time." Jacoby added, his voice tougher.

" Well we don't." The second girl said, facing me with a void expression. " What's been happening?"

" That's classified information. Only members of my gang are allowed to know." I stated in a monotone voice, avoiding looking at the girl who stared at me so obviously.

" I think you should tell us what you know Rodriguez, and then we'll tell you." The girl staring at me said.

I just glared at her, yet my eyes remained emotionless, her eyes narrowed at me.

" There's another gang. However, we think that it's Tyler because Evan overheard them say Caldwell." Clayton shared, causing me to move my glare onto him. "But Tyler's dead so-"

" He's not dead."

"What?!" I questioned, the coldness in my voice made her flinch. It was small, and almost unnoticeable yet I caught it.

" He's not dead."

" You betrayed us?!" My eyes widened with uncontrollable anger, that only increased when she rolled her eyes at me.

" As if. He killed my brother dumbass, I stabbed him 2cm away from his heart. He was barely alive when I went back, I took him away and I tortured him. He escaped." Her eyes cut into mine like a drug, intoxicating me. She made me want her all over again, the desire was painful and unwarranted.

" You let him escape?" Jacobys voice was disbelieving, and I didn't blame him.

This women was famous for her cruel demeanour and cold treatment, under no circumstances would she let a prisoner escape.

She pulled her shirt up, revealing her red lacy bra and tanned skin. A long scar went across her abdomen and disappeared under her bra. While realising her shirt, letting it fall down, she moved her head upwards, showcasing another rough scar across her neck.

" He used his chains to strangle me before tearing my stomach apart with a loose nail that he ripped out. He then used a paperclip to release himself and he ran." Void. Empty. She was avoiding eye contact with everyone in the room.

Alexi Clarke was ruthless and cold, her old self was showing more than anything as she spoke about her brother, her only living brother.

" So no, I didn't let him escape."

I was speechless.

" I want to know whats happening." She demanded again, finally looking into my eyes.

" No, you don't have any title here anymore. You're not a member of my gang." I stated bluntly, refusing to back down.

" Oh shut up Brooke, don't act as if you didn't miss me." She rolled her eyes at my angered expression. " You missed me. Yeah, that's right. I saw you go to visit my grave everyday. Admit it. No matter how hard you try to be emotionless. I sparked a fire in you that didn't die."

" Walk out that door right now Alexi, and don't you dare come back. You didn't mean anything to me." I lied miserably, keeping my voice steady and blank.

She smirked at me, " I'm afraid I can't do that Brooke."

" And why not?" Jude answered for me, his hand reaching for the gun tucked securely in his waistband.

" Because Tyler's got something that I want, and I'm not leaving until I've got it."