Chapter 19

Chapter 19- Heroes and Hell

"The devil asked me how I knew my way around the halls of hell. I told him I did not need a map for the darkness that I know so well."

Brooke POV:

I watched Sawyer hold the girl I loved as she broke apart over the sight of her best friends dead body.

I watched the infamous Alexi Clarke break.

She was ruthless, merciless, reckless. Murderous. Yet I started to believe that the image was a facade. She wants to pretend she doesn't have a heart so she doesn't get hurt.

But the sight in front of me shown something entirely different.

She was broken, damaged.

Even after all this time, she was still as bruised and scarred as the first time I met her.

I examined my men as they took off their masks and held their hands over their hearts as a symbol of respect. They lowered themselves onto their knees and bowed their head- giving full admission to their fallen member.

Becca wasn't one of us but she was a part of us.

She wasn't a liberte, she was a Viper. An enemy. A rival.

A friend.

I gritted my teeth and attempted to control the wave of jealously coursing through me as the sight of Sawyer comforting Alex.

I wanted to be there for her.

I wanted to comfort her.

I wanted to love her.

Gray looked onto the scene with tears threatening to light his eyes. My heart clenched as I saw him grit his teeth tightly to avoid all traces of emotion.

But it was almost impossible for him.

She was his sister too.

Clay nodded over to me, a small gesture which meant the world.

We had caught them.

All of them.

I can't wait to kill them motherf*ckers for all they've done.

Control yourself.

Control. Yourself.

I had to wait. I had to let Alex go first.

She needed this more than I did.

They were going to pay for all they'd had done.

Alexi's POV: 

Grief. Noun. - intense sorrow, especially caused by someone's death.

Grief.

Feels like emptiness in your heart, a shear of nothingness that somehow takes over and holds your soul and threatens to kill you entirely. It gives you this heavy feeling that's like the weight of the world is resting on your shoulders and there is nothing you can do to get out from under it. Its like this hole in your heart that is the shape of the one you lost and that makes you feel the need to wipe away any non-existent tears that you want to form but can't.