Chapter 7

Chapter 7- Trust and Telltales

" Do not trust what you see, even salt looks like sugar"

4 days later:

" P*ss off Alexi." Brooke growled as soon as I entered his office.

" Excuse me? Rude." I stated, sitting down in front of his desk. He glared at me.

I narrowed my eyes.

" What? So you can actually speak like a normal human being now?" He spat.

" Finally, it's so nice to see someone who actually appreciates my humour. And who said I was normal? None of us are, you idiot. We're in a war zone. "

" Well maybe it'd be easier fighting the war when you stopped being so moody because your on your f*cking period 24/7" Brooke fumed. My fists clenched, I bit my tongue. The pain helping me fight for the control that the beast was itching to take from me.

"Don't you dare just assume that when I'm angry, I'm on my period. Otherwise when you're sleeping I might just 'assume' you're dead and bury you in my backyard." I growled, digging my nails into my palms.

" You can't talk to me like that!" He thundered, slamming his palms down on the table in front of him. " I'm the gang leader. You obey me. "

I scoffed. " Then your first mistake was thinking that I'm one of your sheep. I don't bow down to no one."

His furious voice made the walls shake. " Get. Out. Now. I don't need you. I'll save my brother on my own."

" You will not survive this war without me. " I promised. " You need me and you know it. But that doesn't matter anymore. Goodbye Brooke."

" No Lex, wait."

" No! I'm done Brooke! You can find Evan on your own. I'm done dealing with you flipping on me every 5 seconds. " I went to walk out but his voice stopped me.

" I know somebody who wants to talk to you Alexi." Brookes voice halted my moving. I turned and walked up to him. I grabbed him by his shirt collar and shoved him up against the wall.

" If you're playing games with me then I'll kill you." I threatened, my grip tightening.

" He's not." A hoarse voice broke out behind me, I moved to see Grayson looking at me with a pained expression. My face contorted into one of confusion as I stared at him. He looked different. His steel blue eyes were replaced by a distinct shade of forest green.

A familiar shade of forest green.

" Grayson?"

He let out a small chuckle, yet his eyes still remained pained, " Not Grayson, Lexi."

I froze.

Don't show emotion.

Lexi.

Forest green.

I studied Grayson's face and my eyes widened slightly as a wave of recognition coursed through me. I shook my head at the impossible thoughts.

He was dead.

It wasn't not possible.

Tears blinded my eyes as I tried my best to blink them away.

" Tay? Tay, you're alive?" He nodded as I ran to him and flung my arms around him. I put my head into the crook of his neck and cried for the first time in 5 years.