Anniversary special 3

Happy birthday Archoo!...

The moment I saw the projector and a screen, I knew what I was going to be looking at. Archer had decided to show me a video instead of a picture. From the caption, I had an idea I was going to be embarrassed all over again.

Archer fiddled with the controls before the video started playing.

I watched as a younger me belted out a 'happy birthday' song while carrying a cake. I wasn't a good singer. I'd compare myself to a moose being slaughtered, but Archer would say otherwise. The video briefly showed a smiling archer before it faded to black. On the screen now were the words:

It wasn't my first birthday while we were dating, but it was the first with you in town. I was sick. I didn't expect to see you for more than 30 minutes. You came by and ended up staying for hours. You turned a crappy day into an amazing day. And when you sang...I realized I had someone who cares. My friends and family are there, but it was different. And of course my gift allowed me to capture our subsequent memories.

"I am never singing again", I said.

"Even if I beg on my knees?"

"...Even if you threaten to poison yourself", I said.

"Well I'm not deleting it", he said firmly. "You sang for me. And seeing as you don't intend to do it again, treasuring this one with my life is necessary".

"I can give you more memories to treasure", I said with a wink.

"Moving on..." Archer said, pretending he hadn't heard me.

Moments into the past...

By the time we got to the next picture, I was beyond amazed at what Archer had done for me. He'd dug up all those pictures to show me memories we'd made together, moments that had been significant and lucky to be documented. I wasn't just awed, I was moved. He offered me a glimpse into our past, telling me that he didn't regret it one bit. Every picture held a powerful memory.

The next was no different.

It was a picture of me lying on the bed. Sprawled next to me on the bed were a bunch of photos, photos that were taken decades before. I was looking at one with a smile.

Valentine's day 2019. You gave me the best gift anyone could ask for. Some could say it was just pictures, but baby in that moment I felt like I had known you forever. My connection with you grew that day. I didn't feel like just a part of you. I cannot put into words what I really felt.

We stood in silence for a while, just looking at the picture. I turned to Archer, placing his hands in mine.

"I know I already thanked you, but when I look back, I can't help but thank you again. You gave me the best gift anyone could ask for. You freed me from all those dark thoughts I had about my mom. Truthfully that night changed things for me too. I knew you were the one. I made the decision then. There was no way I was going to let you go. Look at us now", I said.

"You're gonna make me cry", he said.

"It's your fault", I said smugly.

He took the moment to kiss me. His lips hovered over mine before taking the plunge. I let him lead as our lips moved together; mine following his rhythm.

He pulled back. "Do you want to finish the journey?"

"No! Our journey doesn't end, but yeah, I'd love to move on to the next pic", I said.

Je t'aime Felix

Our next sight to behold was a collage of our trip to France. There were pictures of us on the plane, Paris, Lyon, Caen, the Loire valley and Monaco. The biggest picture of all was one of us in a restaurant in Nice. I had paid one of the waiters there to take it. It contained me on one knee before Archer, who looked mesmerized at the sight before him.

This picture doesn't need any explanation. I think all the emotions are there painted on my face...all my faces. France was all about the two of us, one of countless things that make it special. I loved it before I set foot there and I loved it more after I left. Sure it's really beautiful, but the latter has more to do with you than the place. You whisked me to a country in Europe, not only to ask me to be your husband, but because it was one of my biggest dreams. I didn't have to tell you twice about it. You offered it to me before I even asked. This trip meant more than any I have been on.

"So our honeymoon has to top that?"

He nodded.

"I might as well go hang myself", I joked.

Archer chuckled. "That would definitely be a very powerful statement. Don't do it. And hey, I'm organizing our honeymoon"

"Thank God"

"Shall we?"

I nodded.

Snowy days...

We left the warm dry sunny weather of France to a snowy winter wonderland of Colorado Springs. The next picture was my favorite picture of us, taken a few weeks after our trip to France. It had snowed recently and Archer and I were standing on the snow against a pure white background near a coffee shop. He was looking up at me and I had my thumb on his cheek. Neither of us was smiling. We were just looking at the stars in the other's eyes. It was definitely Clark's best work with a camera.

You know winter is my favorite season. There's something enchanting about snow, something surreal. Our relationship has a touch of that. When I looked at you that day, I saw stars in your eyes, I saw a pure heart, I saw my dream husband. I just knew I wanted to spend snowy winters with you. Being in California defeats that by the way.

"We could always move. Especially with Stella..."

"We are not going anywhere. And hey, it's snowing right now", Archer said.

"I love the look in your eyes. It's like you are staring at the most amazing thing you've ever seen".

He looked up at me. "I was...and I still am"

"I remember some guy declared his undying love for you that day", I said.

"Undying?! Really?" he said dramatically. "Then why am I here with you?"

"Awesome sex", I teased with a wink.

He just smiled, surprising me. I had been waiting for him to tell me how ridiculous that was.

"Come on, you really have to see the next one", he said.