Chapter Eleven

Zendaya,

I haven't spoken to Trevor in three weeks. I've been busy at my internship at a law firm. Today was a relaxing day. My parents are at work so I'm home alone.

If Young Metro don't trust you I'mma shoot you

Last night took an L, but tonight I bounce back.
Wake up every morning, by the night, I count stacks
Knew that ass was real when I hit, it bounce back

I noticed my phone was ringing so I answered it. "Hello." I said. "Hey Z. You remember Derek right?" Sharlene asked. Derek and I were really close. He was always like a brother to me and I had this big crush on him through the first two years of high school. Sharlene's my cousin. "Yeah." I replied.

"He has a party tonight and I think we should go." She stated. "I think I'm just going to stay home." I used to be into party's but, I've changed. "Pleassssse." She whined. "No." I shook my head. "You used to be a party girl. What happened?" "Life did."

"It won't hurt to go to one party." She pursued me. It'll be good for me to go out and it'll help me take my mind off of Trevor. "Fine, I'll go." I decided. "I was thinking that we should go shopping first." She mentioned. "What time?" I asked. "I'll be there in twenty."

Trevor,

I went to open the door since I'm the only one here. "What are you doing here Sierra?" I said. "I heard your mom has cancer." She had a look of concern written on her face.

I invited her in. We sat on the couch. "She ain't getting any better." I sighed. I wish that she'll get better but she's on level three which is serious.t "How are you feeling?" She asked. "I don't like that they kept this from me and Ian for four damn years. What if she dies?" I worried. "She'll be fine." She assured me. "No she won't."

We ended up talking for a while. I was glad that I had someone to be there for me. I leaned in and our lips touched. We started making out. We ended up in my old bedroom. Next thing I know we're fucking.

Zendaya,

"Go hang out with your future husband

"Go hang out with your future husband." Sharlene referred to Derek. "He ain't my future husband." I said. "We'll see." She smiled. I walked over to Derek. All my feelings for him were coming back. Derek is mixed with black and mexican.

"Hey." I greeted. "Zendaya." He embraced me in a hug. I hugged back. I took a seat next to him. "I'm going to University of Texas in Austin in the fall." He told me. "Really?" When highschool finished Derek didn't want to go to college. He wanted to work and travel. "I thought I'll major in business." "I'm so happy for you." I hugged him.

(Sharlene)

(Sharlene)

(Derek)