Chapter One

I had been invited to the girl in my art class' birthday at this restaurant. I think her name is Claire. Im not sure all I know is that I'm bored out of my mind and I was invited out of pity. The other girl Casey was invited for the same reason. I tried talking to her but she's just ignoring me. After awhile the party ends and I called my friend to pick me up. The girl Claire,her friend Marcia and her dad were waiting to see if I had a ride. The girl Casey was still here as well. I sigh as my friend tells me that she got called into work and can't get me.
"Um my ride can't make it so I'm just gonna walk home." I tell the girls right when Casey comes over and says," The car broke down I'm just going to ride the bus."
"No I can't let you two do that I'll give you both a ride home." The dad offers.
"Yeah if you don't accept you will miss out on really lame dad jokes." Claire adds. I just shrug my shoulders and accept. As we get outside Claire is talking about how much presents she got and I get in the front seat. Marcia sits all the way to the left of the car,Claire in the middle and Casey to the right.
As we're waiting for Claire's dad I pull out my phone and text my best friend. She was supposed to be my ride because we live together. She's eighteen and I'm seventeen. I hear the car door open so I put my phone away and lean over to get my seat belt when I see in the passenger mirror all the takeout boxes spilt on the floor. I slowly turn my head confused to see that the man in the drivers seat wasn't Claire's dad.
"Excuse me I think you have the wrong car." Claire says before the man pulls out a mask and quickly turns around spraying her and Marcia making them fall asleep. He turns back around and takes off his mask but then hears the car door open. He turns to look at me then at Casey before putting the mask back on and spraying Casey and then he hesitates but sprays me too. I feel myself lose consciousness as I stare into his eyes.