Mistakes

EVANGELINE ROGERS GET YOUR RED WHITE AND BLUE BUTT BACK TO THE TRAINING ROOM THIS INSTANT! YOU TWO BETHANY!

Evangeline groaned as she heard the intercom ring through out the woods. "Ok.... So that idea didn't work." The red headed girl threw her father's shield into a nearby tree and used it to spring herself onto the wall.

"Bethy? You there?" She whispered, looking around for her best friend. As if on cue, two blonde pigtails covered Evangeline's face. "PLEH! EW YOUR HAIR GOT IN MY MOUTH!" Evangeline spat and swatted away the blonde streaks.

A large grin was revealed on the spider's face. "Did ya think you could lose me Eva~" Evangeline softly laughed and gave Bethany a large hug. "I thought big bad wolfie caught you." Bethany's strawberry scent was stronger than usual..... she had always said to never put more than two sprays...... unless.

Evangeline pushed the imposter away, scowling as she did so. "Evelyn. Where did you put Bethy?" The look-a-like Bethany slowly morphed into the short-haired Evelyn she knew. "Oh ya know~ a little tangling spell to make her webs go haywire! Laura already took her back to camp. She sent me to retrieve you.

"I'm not going back. I want to go outside! It's been 14 years..... why can't we go out?" Evelyn took a step closer, jamming her finger in the middle of Evangeline's chest. "You know exactly why! Or do I need to remind you of your parents fate?!"

Despite her best efforts to remain strong, Evelyn got the satisfaction of the red head flinching. A smile tugged at the demon girl's mouth but quickly turned into a cool expression.

"Screw off Evie." Evangeline spat as she ran across the wall's boundary. She felt the air get colder and wetter. Evelyn was getting ready to take her back. "Crap crap crap" She cursed and jumped onto her father's shield.

One twist and yank of the shield sent her and the frisbee flying into the control panel of the boundary. "AH STARLUCK!" Evangeline's attempt at replacing curse words didn't impress Evelyn. The demon girl floated beside her, obviously enjoying her pain.

"Oh lookie.... you broke it. What was that to anyway?" She cackled while spinning in the air. Evangeline muttered under her breath and smacked Evelyn away. "The control panel to the boundary. What else?"

Evelyn's red eyes widened and a look of terror crawled onto her face. "W-What?!" Tears threatened to form at her eyes and she shuddered in absolute dismay.

Evelyn roughly grabbed the runaway girl's arm, letting her long red nail dig into her skin. "Emoh su ekat" She whispered as her necklace turned a brighter red. She said her father gave it to her. She had never been able to take it off.

Before Evangeline could react, a black mist enveloped the girls. She could feel the cold icy water kiss her neck, chilling her. Moments later, they were back at camp.

"I really hate your transportation spells Evie!" Evangeline shouted after the already moving Evelyn. The girl didn't respond, and disappeared into the shadows.

Evangeline sighed and walked to Laura's quarters, where she knew she had it coming.

EVERYONE GO TO THE EMERGENCY BUNKER UNDERGROUND! THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

Bethany swooped beside her friend and turned around. "Could you get the webs out of my hair? Stupid Evelyn's spells made my webs go weird." Evangeline quickly yanked the black webs from her yellow hair, ignoring Bethany's screeches.

"THAT HURT!" Bethany whined as they ran to the underground bunker. Evangeline gave her a sly smirk in return. "You're a real pain in the abdomen ya know that?" They both skidded to a halt in front of the large steel door.

"Oh Starluck...." Evangeline whispered. "Do you remember the password?" Bethany shook her head, her pigtails slapping the sides of her face. "I never paid attention."

Evangeline threw her shield at the door, grinning as she did so. "This should d-" She was interrupted by the shield bouncing off and heading back at her stomach. "ACK!" She squealed as she went flying into a blonde headed boy in all black.

Evangeline slowly looked up and gently smiled. "Hi Alex....." she grunted and wrapped an arm around her stomach. The shield had hit full force. Her twin brother sighed and picked her up. "Darn it Eva...... You're going to get yourself killed. Bethany. Punch in 11037."

Bethany quickly zipped to the keypad and pushed the buttons in the order Alexei instructed her to. The door squeaked and slowly opened, dust flying everywhere.

"The others are almost here." Alexei calmly stated. He marched into the bunker and set his sister onto one of the many cots laid out. "Don't act like you're the boss Alex.... I'm older by three whole minutes." Evangeline coughed and curled up into a ball, clutching her stomach.

"You just got hit with vibranium at the speed of at least 35mph.... You're lucky to be conscious." Evangeline sighed and muttered under her breath, "nerd."

Alexei rolled his eyes and wrapped an ice strip around his sister's stomach. "Laura may be able to use some of Abigail's tech to help you." Evangeline roughly shook her head. "If anyone comes near me with her gadgets I'm bolting."

The blonde headed boy chuckled and handed her some pills. "Painkillers." Evangeline quickly grabbed them and popped them in her mouth, wincing at the soreness of her stomach.

Soon after, the children swarmed into the safe house, a little nervous. "What's going on?" Abigail whimpered. She huddled next to Carter. He grinned and started flirting....again.

"CARTER! STOP FLIRTING!" Diana shouted, slamming him against the wall. Carter made a small dent in the wall and grunted. He quickly replaced his pained expression with a suave look.

"I like girls who are rough~" he cooed, leaning close to Diana's face. Diana suddenly felt a little nervous, not sure why his face was like this.....

"Carter? Why're you giving me that lo-" She was interrupted by a loud static sound ringing through the room. "Is that the intercom?..." Bethany whispered, inching to the door.

The static turned into a voice. It was of a man.

Testing testing~ Children? Are you there? Come out come out~ your uncle Loki wants to meet you! Evelyn it's your Daddy!!!

Evelyn's eyes went wide and she covered her mouth to keep from screaming. "Nononono he found me he found me nonono." She clung onto Diana, burying her face in her cousin's sleeve. Diana a little confused at her sudden timidness held her close.

I must thank young Evangeline! If you hadn't broken the control panel, I would have never been able to find you all!

Evangeline flinched and curled up into a ball. "It's my fault...... Loki is here..... he killed our parents, what's he going to do to us?!"

Oh! Do you want to speak with your mentor? I remember this clone. X 23 was it?

They heard Laura's voice. She sounded panicked.

It's Laura you son of a-

Woah Wolvie! As the late Cappuccino would say, Language! Anyway, turn yourselves in, or Lancy was it? Laurelai? Wolvie here gets it!

The static slowly simmered down into the once empty echo it was before......