Judgement

Jade drummed her long fingernails against the wooden table and sighed at the new recruits.

That one is out of shape

That one has no respect

That one is looking str-

Jade ran up to the man and slammed his head against the table. "If you want to look down," she growled into his ear. "Look at the table. Not my-" "Jade that's enough!"

Jade flinched and backed away from the man, bowing to the woman on the throne. "My apologies your highness..... I was acting on your behalf."

Marlyn glared at the girl and stood up off of the throne, stepping down the long leather rug to get to her. She brushed Jade's cheek to her chin, lifting it up so she was at eye level.

"We must treat our guests with politeness and mustn't be hostile. Hydra must be known as peaceful and kind." A smirk tugged at Marlyn's lips, as if she was laughing at a joke only she knew.

"I'm sorry........... Mother." Jade bowed her head in shame and stared at Marlyn's feet. Marlyn scowled and yanked Jade's head up. "Never call me mother." She hissed, shoving her out of the room.

.....

Jade collapsed on her bed and groaned. Good job Jade..... now you made mom mad. Why won't she let me call her mother anyway?!

The blonde haired girl sighed and fiddled with a knife. Until she heard her door open.

"Ah-" Jade flicked her wrist and made the knife go into her sleeve. "Hello..... my Queen." Marlyn smiled and tossed a file to her.

"Who do you want me to kill...?" Jade asked while opening the file. Her question was answered by the file itself. "You won't kill him. I need him alive. We recently found a group of....... children that could be of use to our cause."

The picture had a boy with spiky brown hair and brown eyes, with a red Spider-Man shirt covered slightly by a light gray checkered jacket. He looked strikingly familiar, but she didn't know what. Under the picture had the name, Calore Parker.

Jade slapped the file shut and nodded. She grabbed her supplies and climbed down the tower wall.

I'll make my queen so proud, she'll let me call her mother again.