Hope

Carter stared at the items in front of him, the weight that's been on his shoulders ever since this mess happened, lifted slightly. Abigail gave a slight nod of approval and handed him the information she gathered from the Black Widow's reports.

"It looks like the only thing Natasha found to kill Loki was either the norm stones.... or incredible amounts of magic. Levels higher than his. Once the others get here I'll give the good news."

Abby nodded and typed something on the computer.

"What are you doing?" Carter leaned over Abigail and looked at the monitor. "I'm gathering information on this Marlyn person. Dad talked about her when he was alive so... aha!"

Abigail yipped happily and sent the files to her tablet. Carter smiled and ruffled Abby's messy ponytail, making the brunette huff. "Carter... I swear if you don't take your hand off my head I'll rip your eyes out and replace them with uncomfortable robot ones."

Carter chuckled and walked to the long table, waiting for the others to come. As if on cue, the twins showed up.

"Cart? You wanted to see us?" Evangeline darted downstairs, followed by Alexei. They both had signs of crying in their eyes, but that was expected, considering where they were.

Carter nodded and sat in a chair, holding his breath slightly as the chair creaked from the strain. This building hadn't been taken care of for over ten years. Even the furniture seemed to be tired.

"Okay. Abby would you like to read the file on what you found out about Marlyn?" Carter instantly regretted saying the Queen's name. There were many people in here who's parents died because of her.

Evangeline scowled and tightened her grip on her brother's arm, her expression read both anger and disgust.

"Eva..." Alexei smoothed out her hair and softly smiled. Evangeline turned away and stared at the jet. "I hope..... I hope Jade isn't getting too hungry..."

A mischievous smile crept onto her brother's face, and he leaned to her ear and whispered something that made Evangeline turn red. "S-Shut up! I was a kid! A-A baby practically! I didn't know any better! A-And I just want to make sure she's okay!" She mumbled something else under her breath that nobody dared make out, and crossed her arms.

Alexei bit his lip to keep from laughing and slid his hand under Evangeline's hair, flipping it so it would cover her face. "alEXEI!!!" Evangeline tackled her brother and sat on him, a triumphant smile on her face. Bethany giggled at the defeated blonde, he was trying to push Eva off.

"Huh-?" Bethany looked at her arm in surprise. Calore had grabbed it and was pulling her in the direction of the plane. "Shh..." he whispered, and led her to their sister. Nobody noticed them leaving, they were too focused on the twins.

Finally, Carter yanked Evangeline off and gave her the death glare, telling her to stop. "Go ahead Abby.... read the paper on the Queen.." He said through gritted teeth. He let go of Eva and headed back to his seat.

Abigail looked worriedly at Evangeline and read the passage.

"Marlyn Röus... Head of Hydra and associate of A.I.M. Embodiment of Grace, the original queen Hydra. Marlyn was a normal- well... mostly normal girl. She was picked to be Grace's host when her powers bloomed, dooming her to share her body. A.I.M took Grace's conscious and put it in Marlyn so she would survive. Now she has one blue and one green eye..."

"Wait." Jessica cocked her head to the side, a confused look crawling onto her face. "What's aim?"

Carter sighed and explained as quickly as he could. "A.I.M is an abbreviation for Advanced Idea Mechanics. It's an organization of scientists dedicated to the overthrow of all government by technological means. A.I.M. was organized during World War II as the scientific research division of the subversive military organization Hydra. They sometimes even brainwash people to do their bidding. Stephanie's mom was once brainwashed. The reports said she had a dream where she saw her closest friends and relatives that were already dead, making Sharon think she was dead. She even said when she poked herself in the dream she couldn't feel anything."

Stephanie scowled and walked outside, slamming the door on the way out.

"Crap...." Carter sighed and looked around the room. Everyone was here, except for Stephanie, and.....

"Where are Bethany and Calore?" He muttered, turning to Abby. She shrugged and walked to the computers. "I could check the surveillance."

"Or you could ask my Dad."

Abigail tensed up and slowly turned around, facing Jessica. "No. I can just check the surveillance." Jessie narrowed her eyes and jammed a finger on the girl's collarbone, slightly pushing her back. "Why don't you like Vision? Or as you used to call him, Jarvis?"

"Enough." Carter stepped in between them, preventing them to fight. "We have good news. Let's not start it off with a fight."

"Wasn't planning on it." Jessie said quietly, and then not so quietly, "Dad? Where are Bethany and Calore Parker?"

The voice of Jarvis responded back, "They are on the third floor in the late Peter Parker's room. They are with another person. I am doing a scan....... Jade Parker, daughter of Gwen Stacy-Parker and Peter Parker."

Carter scowled and ran to the elevator. "Those idiots!" He cursed as he pressed the button to open the doors. "They know Jade is supposed to be locked up in the ship!"

"Ah-" Evangeline stared at the monitor. Without a second glance, she quickly sprinted up the stairs and to their location.

"What the-" Carter looked at the monitor to see Bethany and Calore standing there, watching as Jade opened the window and swung her legs over the sill.

"Jade!" Carter watched as Evangeline popped up on screen, grabbing Jade's arm. "Where are you going..?! Carter will kill you-"

Jade flung her arms around Evangeline and whispered something Carter couldn't make out, even with the enhanced microphones the cameras had. The only thing he got was,

".....Marlyn......brother sister......back.....find out........you..."

Carter slammed his fists on the table and ran upstairs. "Don't be gone don't be gone don't-"

The only people in the room were Bethany and Calore.