Reunion

Evelyn slowly opened her eyes and took in her environment. She was in a dark room with no sign of doors or windows. There was only sound. And it was the sound of her shrill breath chilling the room.

She tried to move but was held back from restraints on her ankles and feet, making her into a X against the wall. "Tuo em tropelet..." she whispered, closing her eyes against the darkness.

It felt like her magic was there, but compressed inside of her. Like it was locked in a box. She was powerless....

Evelyn hung her head down defeated. "Wait..... what the-" her necklace was missing. The only person who could take it off was....

Evelyn desperately shouted spells, tears streaming down her face. "Not again not again oh please no." She screamed hysterically. If her father had her necklace, he could fix it.

{Ten years ago}

"You'll pay for this mortal. Once my father finds you." Evelyn kicked and cursed against the teenager Laura. Laura's blood covered claws rubbed against the child's neck, warning her to be quiet.

Laura swayed back in forth while dragging the girl. Evelyn could tell she was weakened by the fight against her father. She giggled despite her current situation.

"Shut up demon girl." Laura muttered, now limping. "What's the matter Wolvie~" She purred, "your healing factor broken?" Laura hissed and kept going.

......

The island.....

It's the only way.

The barrier will block the gem in the necklace.

What's with that necklace anyway?

Loki controls the girl with it.

Didn't seem like it......

Evelyn forced herself to pretend to be asleep, eavesdropping on the Avenger's conversation. If she brought this information back to her father, he would be pleased.

She felt a cold metal around her mouth, preventing her to cast spells. Her hands and feet were also bound.

Let's go then.

Evelyn's eyes flew open and she used what little magic she had to fling the heroes away. She recognized some of them. Iron man, Thor, and the famous Ms. Marvel.

She swept to her feet and hobbled to the door. "Dang restraints." She thought as she slammed into the door. Two sturdy hands grabbed her waist and flung her over their shoulder.

"Evelyn please. We're trying to help you." Evelyn scowled behind the gag. It was her uncle, Thor. "Your father is controlling you. Fight it." She rolled her eyes against his words. This wasn't a fairy tale where compassionate words won the day. This was the real world.

She suddenly felt a pinch in her left arm. Looking over, she saw a peculiar instrument with a needle in her arm. It didn't hurt, her asgardian skin was to thank for that. But it did worry her.

Soon after her vision started to blur....

.....

Evelyn stood up in a room unfamiliar to her. It had a large bed with red and purple decorations covering the wall. She'd have to fix it later....

Her head pounded, like it had been beaten with a stick multiple times. "T-Tonita....?" She called out, looking for her mother. "Where am I...?"

A woman with long black hair walked in, softly smiling at the girl. "I see you're awake. And I see that spell worked." She stared at the necklace Evelyn was wearing.

Her memories came flooding in like a tidal wave, hurting her head even more. What Loki had done to her, the people she hurt, the family she killed. She dropped to her knees and whimpered.

{present day}

Her father came back with a new necklace, one with a green gemstone. He walked through the dark room and yanked Evelyn's old necklace off, making her flinch. "Dad please...." she pleaded, trying her best to use any magic left in her.

He ignored her pleas and clamped the necklace around her neck, watching as her eyes slowly turn blank yet again.