The Kiss

"How many fingers am I holding up?" Evangeline waved three fingers in front of her brother's face.

After the bright light occurred, Diana ran outside to find everyone knocked out on the field. The closet ones to Jade at the time of the light were temporarily blinded.

Alexei swatted away Evangeline's hand and rubbed his sore eyes. "I saw twelve. But I know you were holding up three...." He placed a warm cloth over his eyes and groaned.

"Is everyone ok...?" He mumbled. He heard Evangeline shift in her seat. Not a good sign. "The hole Jade blew in our ship.... Amelia escaped. And because of the damages, we are stuck here."

He heard his sister stand up and head for the door. "Wait...." her footsteps stopped. "What about Bethany....? How is she doi-" "She's fine." Evangeline cut him off. Her voice was forced through her teeth like she wasn't happy to talk about it. "Or at least..... she will be once we get her siblings back."

Alexei sighed and laid there for a while.

Meanwhile Carter was lecturing the rest of the children on safety and how dumb they were to fall for that trap.

"We need to work on a new plan to get Calore and Evelyn back. We've already lost three people and have one more that's injured. Too many people are going down."

The kids nodded and started arguing all around.

Bethany once again slammed her hands onto the fixed table, breaking it once again. She quickly centered herself before falling this time and webbed Carter's mouth shut.

"Everyone! SHUT UP! AND FIX THIS TABLE!.........again. For the fifth time...." she once again put her hand down to lean against the table but alas..... it was broken.

"EEP!" Bethany screeched as she fell yet again onto the jet floor.

"What's going-" Evangeline walked into the room right as Bethany fell, sending wood and glass everywhere.

The rest of the children stifled a laugh as Bethany pulled herself up, pulling wood and glass out of her hair. "Anyway.... Let's make a plan. Jade is obviously mind controlled or brainwashed or something like that. So how do we break her trance?"

Evangeline bit her lower lip. Diana shifted in her seat. Everyone seemed to be uncomfortable.

"What?" Bethany asked, a little annoyed.

Finally Evangeline spoke up. "Are you sure she's under someone's control...?"

Bethany looked down and clenched her fists. "She's...... of course she is.... how could you say that about my sister?! She has to be under some kind of influence she.... she has to... she wouldn't hurt Cal...."

Bethany felt arms wrap around her, pulling her into a tight hug. She quickly spun around and hugged Alexei back, crying into his shoulder. "A-Alexei...? Are you supposed to be recoveri-" he put a finger on her lips to shush her.

"Hey.... If you cry your face won't be as pretty... not like that's possible anyway." He ran his fingers through her hair and hugged her tighter. "It'll be alright. We'll get back Cal and Jade. I promise...."

"I....." Bethany froze up and stared at Alexei. "What?" He asked quietly. "Are you alr-"

She gripped Alexei's shirt and leaned forward towards him. She quickly kissed him on the lips and ran into her room. The door made a click sound as it locked, and the only sound was the pure silence of the surprised children.

"Did she- did she just-" Evangeline's jaw was practically on the ground. Alexei on the other hand, fainted.

Authors note: this was just a fun little chapter I wanted to write as I finish the important chapter. This was a real chapter but honestly it's not super important. Back to writing about Cal and Jade! Oh..... I guess it's about Marlyn too...... eh. She's not important. (KIDDING)