7

Weeks passed by and Taehyung and I grew close to each other.  It was like any other usual afternoon, however Yoongi, my brother, had to leave since his break is over. As I was very sad that he was leaving, I was also quite happy for I had some time alone.

     After my brother had left I figured it'd be a great time to make lunch.  While gathering my ingredients for my not-so-professional lunch, I heard my phone ringing in the back.  Thinking that it was Taehyung, I ignored it and let it ring since my stomach was growling at the moment and I could call him later.  Although, once the second ring came by, I felt a little feeling in my gut as if it was important.  So I set my final ingredients down and reached for my phone.

Dad

That's pretty unusual seeing my dad calling me during work time.

I answered and held it up to my ear only to hear my dad's shaky voice.

"Eun-Jin..." he was clearly sobbing.

Worried, I replied, "yes dad..?"

"Your mother. She's. Gone."

It was just so sudden and just so random. I felt a big pang in my heart as my knees felt like it could give up on me any moment now.

"H-how," I said, already crying my heart out.

"She was in a car accident yesterday, I didn't tell you yet because she told me not to so you can focus on your school work. But now, she's gone."

I let myself drop to the floor for I couldn't do anything else. She's gone now and I can't change that. My heart shattered as I kept repeating the words my dad told me.

"Your mother. She's. Gone."

My tears felt never ending. As I clutched onto my heart my dad said his goodbye to me and hung up.

I laid there on the floor.

After a few minutes I got up swiftly and wore my jacket.

Walking outside of the apartment doors I saw everyone so happy and delightful, which, would usually make me happy but this time it didn't. Moreover, it made me terribly sad and heart broken.

As I walked and walked there were less and less people.  Less and less buildings.  My walking gradually turned into a run. So I ran. I ran and ran to who knows where. I wanted to go somewhere far away. Eventually, my legs became weak and they soon gave up on me. I ended up on a grassy hill and sat under a tree. My tears kept flowing rapidly.

I could not believe it. It was like any moment now, she could just walk up to me and sit next to me saying, "it's okay, the doctor gave false results."

Although, it can't happen. In my brain I knew she was gone. But in my heart somewhere, it felt like she's still with me, next to me. Maybe even next to dad. I wanted this to be a dream I can wake up from. I started reminiscing the memories my mom and I held together.

The last time I spoke to her in person was the moment before my mom walked into the gates of the airport.

"Bye mom! When you get back you'll see how successful I am! You'll see!"

"I believe in you. Goodbye honey," she kissed my forehead.

"Promise you'll come back?" I asked.

"Come on honey we have to go, we'll be late," my dad hurriedly pulled onto her arm.

My mom never promised, nor did she even answer my question.

"Promise you'll come back?" I whispered again as I saw my mom walking further away from me.

If only I didn't ask that question.

That saying, "everything happens for a reason."

Where's the reason. Why did my mom have to die. Where is my reason.

I laid my head into my arms which was relaxed onto my knees.

"Eun-Jin?" I heard a familiar voice.  Taehyung.

I only stared at him.

"Are you okay?"

After he said that I cried even more and my heart grew tight.  My sobbing became echoes and my sleeves were wet from tears. 

Without a reply from me, he sat down.  Right under the tree, right next to me.

Perhaps he knew that I needed some quiet time because he kept quiet.  That is until I spoke up.

"I can't do anything now, I can't change anything," I said and nothing more.

Without asking questions he hugged me knowing that I needed it.  Even though it can't fix anything. 

We stayed in that position for awhile.  Letting the wind blow across my face softly and perhaps his as well.  It was beginning to look like spring and feel like spring so it felt nice.  Soon, my tears started slowing down but my heart still felt the same.  Broken.

At the moment, I wanted time powers.  To stop that car accident.

--

A/N: Is my book good so far? Like I feel like idk. I hope you guys are enjoying it and I hope it's not like really boring. hehe *rubs back of neck*

Anyway, BTS' Not Today MV came out. Even though it was like 30 mins late it was LITLITLITLITLITLIT HLSNSKSNW IT WAS AWESOME I CANT.

Your thoughts about the MV?

*Your local asian-american outtt