10

As the starry night took over, more and more people came. It was so crowded that Taehyung was pushed into me. We stopped for a moment. Maybe even the world. The universe? Because that's how it felt. It felt awkward with that rapid heartbeat in my chest. When Taehyung looked into my eyes I looked back and my face grew warm. We stayed that way for awhile.

A minute.
Two minutes.
Three minutes.

Snap out of it.

Air was stuck in my throat and my eyes followed a yellow shining balloon held by a little girl. No longer in contact with Taehyung's eyes.

Wherever I looked, I saw my mom. Ignoring my imagination, I continued living the time of my life. But every single time I would snap out of it, I'd see my mom crying and yelling, "help."

Sometimes, everything would be muted except for my mom's voice. Hearing it again felt like listening to old childhood music. She brought me back to my memories for the tenth time tonight. Knowing that she's gone now and it that was just my imagination, made me weak inside.

Taehyung and I decided to leave at one point as the night was beginning to get wild. He drove perfectly. Never too fast. Never too slow. Just right, the whole time.

"Where do you wanna go?" Taehyung asked.

"Somewhere. Far away."

As much as I loved the night, I couldn't help but to reminisce the past. I was possibly reliving it as well. But the deeper I get, the more pain I felt. You know that feeling you get inside of you? When you have that feeling that makes you wanna stop what you're doing and indulge the pain?  You want to run into somebody's arms and cry. It seemed dramatic when you look back but at the moment of your break down, you can't help but to cry and cry and feel the pain. Tonight was one of those moments.

"Taehyung," my voice cracked as I began to tear up again.

"Yeah?"

"I miss her, so much. I feel bad for hating her. And I'm hating her because she left me, here."

"Who?  Your mom?" he asked.

I nodded.

"She didn't have a choice, Eun-Jin. It just... happened."

The car drive was awkward for awhile. I drew heart shapes on the foggy window.

"Please take me somewhere magical. Where I can numb this pain inside of me."

Perhaps he actually listened because soon enough, we were on a cliff. A grassy cliff. Much like the hill. We sat down and stayed quiet for a moment. Smelling the city air. Gazing upon the city lights.

"Taehyung, I want to fly. Like my mom," I sobbed.

"Eun-Jin don't."

I stood up and headed towards the edge of the cliff. I spread my arms out and felt the breeze. When I was just on the edge I felt a strong grasp around my waist.

"Eun-Jin! Stop it! Are you crazy?!"

"Taehyung let me fly!" I wanted to break free.

"Eun-Jin you're scaring me!" Taehyung shouted with worry.

I turned around to see the painful look in his eyes. At that moment I didn't know what I was doing. What I was feeling. Moreover, what I was after that incident. I wanted to forget. Could I forget? Maybe not. Maybe I wasn't supposed to anyways. I wanted Taehyung to hug me right on the spot and tell me everything's okay. But I can't have anything I want, right? I couldn't bring my mom back. However, I could be with her.

"Taehyung," I whispered. "Let me fly, let me be free."

Tears were streaming down my face uncontrollably.

"Stop it!" His grasp around my waist was more firm and surely, I couldn't break free.

I finally gave up.

"Eun-Jin, quit living in the past! Stay with me. Please," Taehyung looked like he was about to cry. I didn't want to make anyone cry tonight.

"Why do you care?"

"Because," he paused for a moment. Clearly debating on whether or not he should say something. "Because I love you."

He let go of me and walked towards his car, with me, trailing behind him.

When I walked into my bedroom, I cried even more on my bed.

I think I scared him. I didn't want to scare him away because,

I loved him too.

--
A/N: why is this so dramatic. i h8 myself haha. okay hopefully i can turn it down a notch and NOT make it so dramatic :'))))
Hennyways, HALFWAY TO A THOUSAND!!!! DJSKBDKWJDJWK
THANK YOU SO MUCH IM CRYINGGGG