8

A/N: were u guys shook? idk it was unexpected last chapter :') Ok also this will be like the next day but she's just having a mini flashback in this chapter so don't get confuzzled lol.  (if you are confused ask me about it in private message!)

      It was quiet once again in my room.  The blinds shut and the bed completely unmade.  The food was also untouched for awhile now.  Clearly the porridge wasn't warm anymore so I dumped it into the sink disposal.  Retreating back into my room, I found myself a remote control and turned  on one of my favorite dramas,  Pinocchio.  The drama reminded me about what Taehyung told me yesterday.

-YESTERDAY-

"I too, know how it feels when you lose someone," he mumbled, staring into the distance.

My head instantly looked up to him.

"Who?" I asked.

He paused for a bit.  Perhaps he was thinking about whether or not he should tell me.

"My parents," he looked at me, his eyes were squinted due to the sun.

"But your parents, I thought they were in another country?"

He only chuckled, painfully.

"No, I lied."

"How did they die?" I asked, hoping I didn't sound too nosy.

He only shook his head, full of pain once again.

My heart broke, for me and for him. Glancing at his face, his eyes looked teary, I don't know if it was him tearing up or if it was just the sunlight. The sunlight does that to you sometimes. 

     I sat against the tree wondering if both of us were thinking about the same thing.  How in both of our hearts we felt as if our beloved ones were standing just in the distance.  However, our brain tells us otherwise.  They are dead and we can't help it.  We can't help but to accept it for once.  I can't accept it at the moment.  Maybe I can do it in the future.  Maybe Taehyung already accepted it.  Maybe he did not because he was too scared and shocked, like me.

He stared into the palm of his hand and then the back of his hand. While I on the other hand observed Taehyung. Seeing him in pain as that was unusual and not normal for me.

I hoped Taehyung and I could move on and stop being in so much pain. It hurt so much that I don't even know if a knife slicing your skin slowly hurts more or if the pain I'm feeling inside hurts more. My eyes became teary eyed, once again.

-PRESENT-

     My heart ached as I snapped my mind out of it and reset the 40 minute long episode since I wasn't paying attention but instead, was thinking about yesterday late afternoon.

    As my finger pressed play I heard a knock on my door.  Lazily, I went to go get it.

"Eun-Jin?  It's me," the person said.

My eyes lit up as I heard the familiar tone.

Dad!

My walking pace became faster and before I knew it I was in my dad's arms.

"Dad,"  I sobbed right away as I remembered my dad's words from yesterday.

"The funeral is tomorrow," he held me tight into his arms like I was 5 again.

I let go and nodded, making room for my dad to walk in.  He also brought his suitcase.

"How long are you staying for?"

"A week, for the funeral."

"Do you know who the driver was?"

"No.  He came out of the car and looked frightened and drove off.  He was like in his mid 50s."

My heart shattered once again.  I get to see my mom tomorrow.  Although, not face to face but face to heart break.

"I miss mom."

"I know you do honey, obviously you do.  And so do I.  We'll just have to go through this together.  Your mother will always be here, by our sides."

     I started to tear up again for it was very painful for me.  At that point I wanted to die.  I felt sick full of regret.  I regretted all those moments when I yelled at her for the stupidest reasons and when I hurt her feelings.  I miss her and love her.  You only realize you need a person when they're gone.  I guess I just now realized and my eyes have opened.  I miss you mom.  Let this be a dream.

    I sat down on my leather couch and watched my dad walk into Yoongi's room.  He looked stressed out.

     If I had the chance to replace my mom with myself and get hit by the car.  I'd take the chance.  Maybe that's how Taehyung felt. 

I whispered to myself, "I'm sorry."  And rested my face in my palms, letting the tears create a pool full of despair.