19

Oh boy. I thought.

I braced myself for Soohyun's whiny voice and nagging.  I'm sick and tired of her and I still couldn't understand why she hated me. I'm just upset at the fact that she's changed.

"I'm sorry," Soohyun says and nothing more.

I was shocked, I expected a 'back off' or a 'you suck!' but what she said made me tear up a bit. Reminded me of how she used to be. It made me a little bit happy inside.

"What for?"

"For changing, being rude, upsetting, disappointing," she sighed and tried to avoid eye contact.

"I wasn't a good friend. Yeah, I wasn't your best friend for awhile but you were super nice to me as my roommate first semester and as my best friend during my elementary years, until I moved to a different high school. I was a jerk. I'm sorry," she looked as if she was on the verge of tears as she whispered that.

"Soohyun. It's okay," I couldn't believe I had just said that.

"I know you don't mean it. You don't have to lie," she mumbled.

Why now? I thought. Why did she want to say this now? It's been six months since I've seen her and two years since she'd expose me for faking my relationship with Taehyung. But why now? Why did she want to apologize all of a sudden after six months? Something seems off.

"Why are you apologizing now?" I asked.

"I'm moving in two months and I wanted to say my final goodbyes to the people who actually cared for me throughout my entire life. Yeah, I was stupid and disrespectful towards you but I still have some good in me, you know?"

I was a little skeptical but I accepted her apology anyways, "I accept your apology."

"Did you wanna come in?" I asked.

"Yeah."

-

"Open up your present!" Soohyun was all comfy on my cheap couch whilst hugging my chevron pillow.

I expected a jack in the box popping out at me but it was actually full of heartfelt memories.

"Don't worry I printed an extra copy so I could also keep them with me as well!" She'd assured me.

I held a picture from year two. I looked so small with two pigtail braids, which, I might add, were shoulder length. I held up another one which was one at her birthday party, I was the first one there, I remembered. She was turning seven and we had blew up the number seven shaped balloons. We also had a pretty rad tea party.

I was on the verge of crying and I dove right into a hug. I'm going to miss Soohyun despite all of the bad things she'd done to me.

"Hey, don't cry. I'll visit sometime, and so will Miss. Minty!" Miss. Minty was her big stuffed bear I bought for her on her fifth birthday. It was so bright and so vibrant with the color of mint. I miss these parties.

"I really am going to miss you," I cried.

"Oh my gosh, Eun-Jin! Don't cry!"

We both cried silently, together. Two ex best friends, nothing hurts more than adding the word, "ex" in front of the word, "best friend", crying on the couch, saying their final goodbyes.

Soohyun checked her watch and said, "ah, it's time for me to go."

"So goodbye forever?" I say walking with her towards the door.

Soohyun stood at the door entrance.

"No. This is a goodbye for now." She sighed as we both took it all in, no longer best friends but we sure are gonna miss each other. She kept in her cry and said, "goodbye Eun-Jin, I'll miss you the most!"

She closed the door and I made myself a cup of green tea, staring at the box of memories.

-

A/N: Why are my stories so semi-dramatic? Correction, why are my stories so dramatic? I had to take out the 'semi'.

Are you people ready for the next chapter, AKA, the epilogue!?!?!?!?!

Hashtag: I am NOT okay! Don't touch me!

!BTW!  Shoutout to my offline and online best friend!  @taekooking_ she makes the best stories!!! 

ALR ALR

Your local Asian American..... Outtttt!!!!!