9

I sat on my bed pondering about my dresses for my first date. A real date rather. It's shocking how you can become so close by begging a stranger to act like they're your date. Okay maybe not that shocking. Anyways, I was having a tough time choosing between my floral patterned or my striped light yellow and white dresses.  As you can probably tell, it was spring themed for the Spring Festival.  Finally, I settled on the floral print dress as I remembered my mother giving it to me as a birthday gift.

     My dad left 2 weeks ago and I slowly got used to not hearing my mom on the phone everyday.  My heart was still broken and I couldn't accept anything at the moment but sometimes I had to let go and have some fun.  I learned that from Taehyung. 

     My hair was slightly curled and I wore my black flats.  When I walked out the door I remembered my purse and ran back in to get it, finishing my outfit.

     The festival wasn't as far away as you think it would.  So instead of calling Taehyung to pick me up,  I'd walk there.  Getting closer, I started smelling the barbecue smoke and heard I.O.I's Whatta Man on the many large stereos.  The smell of a festival brought me back to my Preschool days.  My parents would be dancing together and everyone would adore them.  My brother and I would go look for food and running away from mysterious adults and teens.  And as the sun would set, my parents would come find us and bring us out to watch the sunset just behind the far back stage where everyone would crowd at night.  I remembered it vividly.  Head-Up by Cherry Filter was playing and I remember falling in love with the song.  It was my first festival, my brother, Yoongi, found lamb skewers and a bunch of food you would find that's considered street food.  My stomach would never be full but my brother told me save some space for the most fanciest meal at the end of the festival.  I didn't listen to him and he was right, I should have saved some space.  He'd laugh at me and I'd tell on him.  My parents held us close to them and it was all so perfect.  From then on, we agreed to go to these festivals every year.

Yesterday, when Taehyung asked me if I wanted to the Spring Festival with him, my heart leaped with joy.  I thought of it as a date but, maybe he didn't.

      I still wanted to go and didn't care about it being a date or not.  So, as I was gonna turn around to tell my mom I was gonna meet a boy, I saw people in the distance instead of her.  She was gone. I forgot.  When drowning in my memories felt so real, it felt like she was back here, with me again.  Trying to get rid of my thoughts,  I looked for Taehyung.

"Eun-Jin!" I heard a voice yell out my name.

When I turned around, I saw two hands in the air waving rapidly.

Waving my hands back, I called out to Taehyung and slithered in between people.

When the crowd cleared up, I saw his face clearly.

     This time, my heart started beating a lot more.  Perhaps it was because this seemed much more like a date.  Since couples rated this place as a thumbs up for a first date.  Also for some 'family fun time'.

I put a strand of my hair behind my ear and softly said, "hey."

Taehyung put his hands into his black jean pockets and asked, "wanna eat first?"

Obviously, I nodded.

We went to all different kiosks.  What I liked most about them was the fact that the food is from all around the world. Like from Japan, China, Vietnam, Thailand, Russia, Europe, Africa, Australia, Mexico and basically all countries and continents.  It didn't necessarily come straight from that one specific place.  The Spring Festival chefs make them as intricate as they could.  It was all too delicious.  There were many varieties like sweets from bakeries or savory food from popular restaurants. 

      This year, they added a gift shop.  Thank goodness I had enough to by one small thing for my brother and dad.  Considering the fact that I spent most on food. 

      I pulled Taehyung's arm towards the gift shop.  Looking back, I only saw him smiling like a dork.  It probably made my face red so I turned my head towards the front.  When reaching the kiosk I saw candy, stuffed animals, Spring Festival labeled on flags, and calendars.  I was utterly amazed and wanted everything.  Although, I only had 20 dollars to spare.  My 20 dollar bill became 3.80 as I had spent it on a 7.50 cup for both my dad and brother.  Two cups would equal 15 dollars.  So knowing I'd have to pay taxes I spent, 16 dollars and 20 cents.
(A/N: It's probably incorrect but ykno whatever xD this is also in american money so it won't be as confusing!)
The cashier gave me back my change and put the two cups into a bag with 'Spring Festival 2k17' written on it.  After saying thank you, I realized that the sun was beginning to set.  So did Taehyung because he brought me towards the back of the stage like my parents would and we sat down. 

Just the perfect view, I thought.

When we looked out across the sea, we saw the sun and the sky.  The sky changed to a light pink and orange and soon after awhile it became black.  The night and the stars. 

I looked at Taehyung, only to see him staring back right at me. 

"Thank you," I whispered.

"For what?"

"For this and for being my fake date last month.  Next week is our one month fake date anniversary," I smiled.

He smiled too. 

"We should join the crowd and dance along with the music, huh."

I nodded and he pulled me up.

We danced and danced until 10 songs were over. 

I guess you could say this is just the beginning. 

A/N: Okay like i said about the money and stuff, it's all american money and i bet the taxes were calculated wrong bahaha.  Anyways if i did get it incorrect just ignore it, it's not as important in this chapter anyways.  (BUT ITS IMPORTANT IN REAL LIFE)

ALSO!  406 READS ALREADY???? OML I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCHHHH

Your Local Asian-American, outttttt