Epilogue

I woke up hearing a knock on my front door.  How could I have heard that from my bedroom?   Then again, I remembered sleeping on my couch rather than walking to my bed a few hours after Soohyun left. 

I rubbed my eyes and stood up right away.  Not caring about how I looked and opened the door. 

"Happy birth-" Taehyung began to sing.  "Oh..  Did I wake you up?"

"Yeah, but it's fine."

"Sorry, but here's your birthday gift!"

He handed me a small pink heart shaped box and I began to unravel the long string of ribbon.  When I lifted the lid I immediately smelled the scent that smelled of vanilla cake.  When I opened the present fully I noticed that it wasn't a vanilla cake but a familiar red velvet cupcake.

Now where have I seen this design?  I questioned myself, thinking about the decorations laid upon the cupcake's frosting.

As if on cue Taehyung whispered, "it was from the restaurant we went too.. With Soohyun and them."

Right!  I remembered ordering two red velvet cupcakes and I told Taehyung that it was the best cupcake I'd ever seen or eaten in my entire life. 

       I took a bite out of it and it filled me up with sweet memories from our first fake date.  You know that feeling you get when you listen to a song that you've replayed over and over during summer and then you play it again in a long time during the winter?  The feeling of nostalgia kind of?  Yeah, that's it but replace music with a red velvet cupcake.

"Want some?"  I asked and gave Taehyung the cupcake.

"Yeah."

When Taehyung bit a chunk of the cupcake off he had the same expression as I did.  Shocked and surprised.  We've eaten the cupcake before but we still held that same expression from our first 'date'.

"Brings back many memories, huh?" Taehyung asked and I nodded.

"It really does."

-

"Happy birthday dear Eun-Jin~ Happy birthday to you!" Everyone sung and as the song ended I blew out the candle shaped as the number nineteen.

Everyone, my dad, my brother Yoongi, Taehyung, Hari, and Minji, clapped their hands and my dad started cutting the cake.  I felt like I was ten again.  And I didn't hate it at all.

      I smiled to myself and thought of how wonderful my birthday has become so far.  Taehyung looked at me with loving eyes as I did the same.

"I have to take you somewhere after this!" he shouted over the music being played.

I answered an okay and headed towards the kitchen where my brother and dad were.

"Hey Dad, hey Yoongi," I chirped.

"Hey," they both responded together.

"How's the birthday going, birthday girl?" My dad asked.

"Great."