Chapter 196

Andys POV

I went back to work. Jasmine was still bruised up and her ankle was sore but my mom was at the house to help her and I was comfortable enough to let her be home without me after staying home with her for a week. I was late to class though and when I walked in they all looked at me and I walked to my desk and put my bag down and took my jacket off and Tyler looked at me.

"Mr. Lincoln are you okay?"

"Lincoln where were you?"

"Did you get arrested?"

"Were you sleeping with a student?"

I had questions from everyone coming at once and I shook my head and sat down at my desk and ran my fingers through my hair and everyone was talking and asking me questions.

"Stop talking and I'll explain why I haven't been here for two weeks." I said raising my voice some and they all stopped.

"No I didn't get arrested and no I wasn't sleeping with a student-" I paused.

"Is this what you guys spread around the school?" I asked and laughed and sighed.

"My wife Jasmine was in a car accident and she was in a coma all last week and part of the weekend and I stayed home with her after she woke up. She forgot some things but she got her memory back within the week. Nothing bad happened thank god. The most hurt she had was a sprang ankle and a bruised rib but she's still in pain and I wanted to make sure she was okay so forgive me for being out so long." I said and Tyler's eyes softened.

"She was in a coma?" Someone asked and I nodded.

"I was told she was dead and I got to the hospital and she was barely awake and then she wasn't awake for a week." I said. Tyler got up and he walked out the room and everyone looked at me and I got up.

"Just don't be loud in here please." I said and I went out the room to get Tyler and he was sitting on the ground with his face buried in his knees and I knelt down next to him.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Lincoln I'm fine. Really just go back in the room." He said.

"Is it something I said?" I asked and he looked up at me.

"You met my mom and my step dad at the hospital. My dad died in a car accident. He went into a coma and he was in a coma for two weeks and he never woke up and now I'm stuck with a douchebag of a fucking step dad and I can't take it anymore." He said and I nodded.

"Okay-" I paused.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to bring that up and make you upset. It scared the hell out of me though so I know how you felt during it and I'm sorry about your dad. The guy when I visited you at the hospital was your step dad?" I asked and he nodded.

"He's a fucking dick and he doesn't care about me and I'm so  tired of going home. I can't do it anymore." He said.

"Okay. It's okay. Do you want to go down to the office or guidance and cool down?" I asked and he shook his head and he put his hand out and I helped him up and he went back in the classroom and I walked in after him and the class quieted down. I felt bad, I really didn't mean to make him upset.

* * *

I just got out of a meeting and I was walking back to my classroom and a younger teacher jogged up behind me to catch up with me and she smiled.

"Hey." She said.

"Hey." I said.

"That meeting was boring." She chuckled and I raised an eyebrow and nodded.

"Yeah." I said and I looked down and she nudged my shoulder and I looked over at her.

"You okay?" She asked.

"Yeah. I just hate that the meeting was after school. I need to go home." I said.

"Why are you in a hurry?" She asked.

"I just want to go home." I chuckled and she nodded and she followed me into my room and I went to my desk and she stood on the other side of it and bit her lip and I ignored her. She was flirting with me and I saw her before but I don't think she realized I was married.

"So do you want to go out some time?" She asked.

"You know you seem like a really nice person but I'm married." I said and she looked down at my hand.

"So we can just hang out." She said.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Morgan." She said and I nodded.

"Morgan-" I paused and she blushed.

"I have a wife. I'm happy with my wife. We can go on a double date when you find somebody." I chuckled and she nodded slowly and bit her lip. I didn't want to be an asshole but I didn't need anything else in my life right now with Jasmine. I grabbed my bag and my keys and phone and Jasmine texted me a little while ago and I opened it and she said she was in pain and that she had to rest. I walked around my desk and Morgan put her hand on my arm and I stopped.

"I have to go." I said.

"Andy right?" She asked and I nodded.

"I think we should talk some though." She said.

"I'll make sure I think about it." I said and she kissed me and I pulled away from her and narrowed my eyes at her.

"I just found out your name? Seriously. This has happened so many times to me at my other jobs. I'm happy here and I'm happy in my life right now. I have three kids and my wife is home and hurt. Just don't touch me. I'm happy at this job, don't ruin that for me please." I said.

"I'm sorry." She said and I didn't say anything and I walked out the room and left her in there. I didn't really give a shit. I got pissed off. I just wanted to go home and hold Jasmine.