The Dream ~ Chapter 1

Fire rising from the buildings, air nomads attacking the local townspeople as rocks and boulders flew towards the enemy as we tried to protect our town. That’s all a person could see as they were running in the shadows, well that's all I could see at least. I was heading towards my little home on the far side of town. So close, come on Victoria your stronger than this. Your only twenty feet away. I thought to myself as I dodged an on coming attack of air. Yes! I thought as i ran inside the building I called home.
“Mom! Dad! Where are you guys?!” I screamed as I ran towards the kitchen.
“Oh darling, there you are. We were so worried, where were you?” my mother scolded as we embraced in a hug.
“I was out by the pond with Allice when the air nomads attacked us.” I responded as clear as I could while being hugged to death by my mother. From our house you could hear the air nomads coming towards the side of town near our house.
“Dear they are coming!” My father called to my mother as he dug through our hallway closet. He pulled out an old throw blanket, one you would find at your grandmothers house.
“Vic, we have to  hide you under this, okay?” my mother said as my father led me to a small cabinet.
“Okay,” I responded to her. I snuggled myself into the cabinet quickly and tried not to cry out in fear.
“Now Tori I need you to stay here and don’t come out until it’s safe, okay? no matter what happens stay here,” dad told me,“Promise?”
My mother asked “Promise” I repeated after her. They then shut the cabinet and threw the blanket on top of that. I guessed it was so no one suspect I was inside.
“Open up! This is an air nomad leader and we command you to open up before we open up for you!” a man yelled through the door.
“You can’t command us!” my father yelled back at him. After that I heard a bunch of banging and yelling, I felt the ground shake, and then my greatest fear came true as I heard my mother scream bloody murder. A moment later I heard a loud thump as she hit the floor.
“Check the house! Leave no survivors!” The same voice before yelled. I heard a bunch of running feet, then I heard someone taking off the blanket from the cabinet. I panicked so I covered my ears and hid my head as best as possible. When I heard someone open the door I quickly looked to see who it was. It turned out to be a boy around my age.
“Hel-” he started to say before the man cut him off.
“Let’s go back to town no one is here!” the same voice commanded. The boy quickly shut the door and left with the others. As soon as they were gone I jumped out of the cabinet and saw no sign of my parents. I cried and cried. once I was done I wasn't sad I was furious. I left my house to see the damage done to the town. From that day on I never forgot his face he was the one who helped destroy my town and kill my parents.