Runaway~ Chapter 5

Before I knew it almost all of the men were on the ground motionless. I stood there, not moving, not blinking, and barely breathing. Was that me? I thought incredulously.
“Vic!” someone shouted. It sounded far away but in the faze I’m in I’m not sure it could be a few feet away.
“Vic!” they shouted again, now they sounded much closer than before.
“Victoria! Answer me you idiot!” they shouted, basically in my ear! When they finally got little attention from me the person sighed and shook me by the shoulders. Finally when I turned I was eye to eye with my best friend Daphine. Should’ve guessed. I joked in my head.
“Come on Vic we have to get you out of here!” she told me as she grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the end of our village.
“No! What about my grandma and you, and the town, I have to help fight off the airbenders.” I told her back, but by the way she was still persistently pulling on my wrist towards the village end I would say she still wanted me to go.
“You have to go the airbenders are now after you, not your grandma. Fortunately she's safe. I’m sure there's plenty of earthbenders to fight off the airbenders.” she replied while looking back to make sure no one was following us. I didn’t see anyone trailing us so we were safe...for now.
“Okay, the next town isn’t too far away Vic you need to go there. Stay hidden till you get to town!” She yelled pushing me into the woods around our town.
“I’m not leaving Daph no matter what” I told her; my stubborn side was coming out, my grandma says I got it from my dad.
“We need to find that girl now, you morons!” the same boy from before called out, he sounded close but not too close that I had to worry about it. So he survived... To be honest I didn’t think he’d be able to dodge my attack since it was aimed directly at him.
“You need to go before you get hurt or worse captured.” Daphine told me worriedly. I hesitantly hugged her and whispered my goodbyes to her.
“I won’t be gone for long you can’t get rid of me this easily” I joked trying to settle some of the tension that was going on.
“Hey You! Stop!” an unknown voice yelled at us. We quickly turned to see it was the boy and 3 other airbenders running towards us. He quickly shot an air stream at us, which Daph defended by blocking it with a rock wall. But he was too strong for us to handle soon the wall cracked sending pebbles at us and the airbenders, who deflected them with wind tunnels. Right before he could strike another attack at us a huge bolder shot out at him.
“Leave them alone!” Justin, daph’s ‘true love’ ,yelled stepping in front of us.
“I have nothing to do with you. I just want the girl” The boy replied staring straight at me. Justin protectively stood in front of me more now than before.
“Well you can’t have her she did nothing wrong! Just take your men and leave.” Justin yelled back.
“It’s funny how you actually think you could fend me off. Sadly I don’t have time to play games with a fool trying to be the hero. Men get her!” the boy yelled. Suddenly we were ambushed by 3 air attacks which Daph and Justin quickly averted. Both of them set work stopping the 4 airbenders.
“Stop!” I yelled as loud as I could. When suddenly all the commotion stopped they all looked at me, the boy, Justin, Daph, and the other 2 (one of them got knocked out from their own attack, not a very good fighter). I looked to the boy, He must be their leader I thought.
“If you want me... come get me!” I barked at him before I booked it into the woods. I could hear him following me through the dense trees.
“Get  back here you!” he yelled at me. Once I got far enough away from him I climbed up the highest tree in sight. I hid on a branch 20 feet from the ground.
“Where did you go?” I heard someone mutter. Glancing down I see it’s him alone searching the dense brush. He starts to look up so I hid away from sight.
“Lets head out, she must have got away.” He told one of the airbenders with him. When did he get here? I thought to myself.
“But sir what about the -” The airbender on his right was saying until the boy cut him off.
“Don’t worry she must be heading to the next town over but until then we will find her evacuate all of my men.” He told him.
“What should I say for the reason sir?” he replied
“Say were going hunting” The boy said with a grin. As soon as they leave back into the direction of the village I hastily climb down the tree and left for the next town. Everyone is safe Daph, Justin, Grandma, and  the town, everyone...except  me!  I thought before running through the trees.

~alyssa