Underground Cave (UC)

Chapter Three:

I have been meaning to ask Robbie about those sketches but I never got around to it, I have been living in the UC for two weeks now, and for those who are confused, UC stands for Underground Cave which is apparently my new home.

I see Robbie walking out and call him over, “Hey Robbie! Could you come here for a sec.?” I say as he nods and walks over to me and crouching down in front of one of the drawings.

“You’re wondering about the drawings aren’t you?” He asks with a soft smile of his face, the same one he had when we last talked about the drawing two weeks ago when I first came here.

It always makes me very suspicious of him, how he smiles and his eyes lights up every time I even walk down that tunnel.

I smiled slyly at him as I arched my eyebrow, “Are you planning on telling me why you keep smiling like that everytime I ask you about these?” I say playfully mocking his distant look, and bending my head towards the sketches on the wall.

He knotted his thick, greying eyebrows and smiled a warm smile at me, “You don’t understand, kiddo..”

“Hey! Just because I am the youngest doesn’t mean you have a right to call me kiddo!” I say in a child’s voice as Lillian runs up to us.

“Robbie! Hurry! I think we spotted a human out there!” She said in a hurry and ran off.

For a girl wearing heels, she can run pretty fast.

I snapped out of my thoughts about shoes as Robbie told me to come with him, he practicly dragged me over to a room I have never seen before and rushed me inside.

I looked around the room, guns, all sorts of guns we there, heck I think I even saw swords too!

All of them grabbed big guns, stuffing small shotguns in their pockets and on their boots.. I don’t even know how to shoot, I didn’t even know Kateelas die if we shoot them!

“Never used a gun before, daddy’s girl?” Eddie said mockingly as he smirked and threw a small gun a me, I catched it and boy, was it heavy?

“Hey! Don’t blame me, I didn’t grow up in the military and don’t bring my dad into this..” I said and scoffed, I just wanted to slap his smug grin off.

I the past two weeks, me and Eddie have been fighting a lot, the only friends I can rely on are Brit and George, Kyle isn’t friendly and James’ a flirt.

Brit walked over to me, “You don’t have to go, Rymi, I won’t. I’ll stay with you.” She said taking her equipment off.

“No, Brit.. You go, I’ll stay, It’s not like they’ll come in here anyway..” I say, turning around and leaving, hearing Eddie’s mocking laughter.

I hated being weak, since my mother was attacked and I couldn’t save her I felt like a weakling.

And believe me, it’s not nice.

As they all left to fight, I’m here in the UC, because I can’t fight.

Because I’m weak.

And that has to change, I’ll ask Brit or George to teach me to fight, I’ll even ask Robbie!

I don’t want them to go out fighting while I stay behind.

I aslo learned that they all come from military families, either their father was a solider or their grandfather a general.

That is why they are so good with these guns, my dad was a doctor..

I know nothing about fighting!

That’s for sure.