Part 1

Arnavji apno ka bohat khayal rakhte hain... Wo dil k jitne ache hain utne hi samajhdar bhi hai...

He carried her upstairs amidst the family's concerned glances.

"Chote hum abhi haldi wala dhoodh le k aate hain...(Chote I will just get the turmeric milk.)" he heard his di's shout from behind but his attention was on the bundle of a fragile woman in his arms who in her stubbornness to get away from him has hurt herself badly and now was wincing with pain.

It all started that day when he has left shouting at her, calling her the biggest mistake of his life. She has taken his words seriously so very much that when he came back to apologize than she was all ready to leave him for forever and he had again made her stay by blackmailing her, making her remember their so called contract of six months which was yet to complete its duration.

She has stayed back silently and to add to his guilt she refused to sleep on the bed and has royally ignored his pleas when he saw her arranging her mattress on the poolside and despite his various threats she has slept there only in the cold night. He couldn't sleep at all that night and when he tried to carry her inside she has shrugged his arms away as she was fully awake.

They both didn't sleep that night. He felt her sobbing there with muffled voice and he sat there on the recliner with his crying heart feeling himself burdening with more guilt for crushing the little bit ease in their relationship which has developed due to his kidnapping. He has started believing her and she has started forgiving him but all went to drain with his sharp tongue. He has destroyed their relationship before it could even flourish by bringing up the ending duration of their marriage. The f**king contract.

The days that followed, Di has started coming out of her shell. She looked guilty for trying to finish herself and her rajkumari. She apologized to him and the family and was trying to move on as well. He was satisfied with her progress. She will come around he knew. The worry which nagged him was of his wife who was losing herself and all that because of him. Not only from him, she has started distancing herself from the family as well. She never initiated the talk with anyone unless someone ask her something and her replies has turned monosyllables and to the point as well. She runs away as soon as he appears in the scene. This didn't went unnoticed by his family as well. His Nani and Di keep giving him worried and curious glances knowing very well that something was terribly wrong between them but he ignored their queries for the time being because he wanted to solve the problems and bridge the gap between him and her by himself.

Today too when he has arrived in the living room, she has ran. YES! She literally ran upstairs so fast that in her attempts to get away from him, she missed one step and then in amidst the family's shouts and his own scream, has come rolling down the stairs. He has immediately swung her in his arms who as much as she tried couldn't stop herself from wincing.She closed her eyes and pursed her lips to hide her hurt from him.His heart clenched and his eyes pricked with tears as he felt her shivering in his arms due to ache she must be feeling all over her body due to the bad fall.

HE placed her on the bed carefully. She winced loudly as accidentally his hand touched her right elbow.

"I hope you haven't fractured your arm you fool!" he growled angrily checking the swelling around her elbow which was increasing with every passing second and so was her cries."Kya zaroorat thi aise bhagne ki? Pagalpan ki bhi had hoti hai Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada. Your buaji says right, you really are a Sankadevi.(What was the need to run? Is there any limit to your madness? I doubt so.Your buaji says right, you are one crazy girl!)" She didn't answer. He swallowed the lump which wasn't letting him breath.

His doubt got confirmed by the doctor. Her elbow joint was dislocated and a cast would be applied to get it back on place. He closed his eyes and turned his back to her as the doctor plastered her elbow in between her muffled cries and winces. He felt angry at her for being this stubborn, as well as on himself, for being the reason of her state.

This has to stop. He has to make it stop because he can't afford her hurting like this. Not anymore!

Not when in order to get away from him she has hurt herself to this extent which was already tearing him apart.

Doctor left and his Di along with his family entered. She behaved same way with them as if she was answering some stranger for showing just courtesy. Di forcefully made her drink the turmeric milk which she would've refused if she hadn't caught his eyes which were shooting daggers at her and were daring her to refuse it or he will himself pour all the milk down her throat. Nani saw this exchange and kissing Khushi's forehead asked everyone to leave Khushi bitiya alone to rest. She wanted them both to talk to solve their problems. All left leaving them alone, with Khushi avoiding his gaze and he shooting glares at her still.

"I asked you something. What was the need to run?" he gritted out.

She kept silent fueling his anger.

"Khushi mai tumse kuch poch raha hun dammit!!(I am asking you something dammit!)"

"I don't have to answer you anything because you aren't real but a contracted husband of mine.I don't owe you any explanations."

"Real or not. You ARE answerable to me Mrs.Raizada till this contract is valid! Got it?" he ground his teeth not having any other choice but to bring up the contract again between them.

"I wish this contract ends soon so that I get freedom from this suffocating life with you." She knew how to get back at him.

He clenched his hands at his sides at her retort. It slashed him. Suffocating? Yeah what else she has gotten from him except for it?

"Khushi.." he walked to the bed and sat besides her "Nani and Di are already suspicious that something is wrong between us and I..I don't want them to worry about us when already too much tension is there post Shyam's truth revelations."

"So you want me to pretend that everything is fine which in reality hardly is?" Despite her attempts to not breakdown before him, some tears escaped her eyes.

Atleast show some care for me too Arnavji, I feel like some forceful baggage on your shoulder who has no place in your life.Your family, your Di is your everything but me..What about me? What am I to you? An extra forceful relation which you have made just for the sake of your Di? I am not saying that stop showing your love towards your family. Show some importance to me too so that I don't feel this insignificant, this small in your life and my own. I feel like I am no one to you or anyone. I feel unimportant, useless. She mused and wanted to say it aloud but she didn't, she couldn't.

"Khushi..."

"Fine I will PRETEND as I don't have any other option except for listening your orders." She said and taking her pillow from her left hand was about to move down the bed when he took it from her and placed it back on the bed angrily.

"Don't make me tie you down on the bed. Sleep here. You have a fractured arm dammit. If not for yourself think about the family who want to see you recover soon which won't be possible if you showed this stubbornness."

He got up and taking his pillow, placed it on the recliner before lying down with his back to the bed. He knew she must be crying right now covering her mouth so he deliberately didn't turn or he would've lost the resolve to keep some distance until the right time.

_________________________

Very Important before continuing to read further otherwise you won't be able to access the whole story!

---->> Part 2 and last 3 Parts are private now. You need to follow me to read them. After following, remove the book from your library and re-add before reloading.