Part 7

Agar humein choti si kharoch bhi aye toh hum se zyada takleef unhe hoti hai...

"I will be down soon. I have to start decorating your room" Anjali said with excitement.

"Why?" He asked not getting anything.He was too preoccupied with his recent conversation with Khushi.

"For your wedding night." Anjali said.

"What the.." He got it now.

Both Arnav and Khushi looked at each other with nervousness, excitement, fear and apprehension shining in their eyes.

He suppressed his smile seeing the blush adorning her face at Di's words.

Anjali walked to their bed and out of nowhere NK and Akash emerged with baskets and boxes with them.Winking at Arnav they joined Anjali to decorate the room.

Khushi's jaws dropped.

"Too bad isn't it Khushi?" He whispered in her ear leaning to her."Their preparation will go wasted.As we need to talk' tonight not..Umm...you know?!"

She swallowed looking at him."Hmm" was all she could say with her galloping heart and heavy breathing.

"Toh tum mujhe khud ko touch bhi nahi karne do gi jab tak hum baat nahi kar lete huh?(So you won't let me touch you until we talk huh?)"He asked as they came out of their room in the corridor to head down.

"No!" she said sternly seeing his eyes glinting with mischief.

"That's bad" he muttered feigning a sad face to which she rolled her eyes.

"So? Do i have a permission to hold your hands at least?"

Her eyelashes lifted up and she saw he was serious and has stopped walking.

"Please Arnav ji. Lets get this over with. Don't make it difficult for me."She said with her eyes brimming with tears.

"Khushi.." he sighed before cupping her cheeks firmly."Why does it matter what i feel about marriage or not? We are marrying anyways. It shouldn't bother you."

"It matters because its YOU.You want to marry me because these rituals are important for me.And i wanted to delay it because you aren't ready to accept marriage as it should be accepted.As a sacred bond not because you have to do it...for me.As you care about what i want.I feel the same for you.I want you to be happy not forced into something you don't want to do."She croaked removing his hands from her face.

He swallowed as he remembered her words she once said when he left her at the airport.

Kyun k baat apki hai farak padhta hai. Agar kisi aur ki hoti toh nahi padhta. Agar ap hi aise chale jayen gay toh hum sans hi nahi le...

(Because its about you that's why it matters. If you'd go then how would i br..)

How much a fool he was for ever doubting her when she loved him all along.True she hasn't confessed it yet in words but he saw it in her every action, felt it in her every word.

He can't see her like this on her most important day.She has to be happy and he will make her.Distract her for the time being so that she enjoys this ceremony as she should be enjoying.He can't say the words she wanted him to say until he himself feel them.He can't lie to her that his perceptions about marriage has changed.Because they haven't.Not yet!

"So i can't hold your hands too?Come on" he smiled smugly.

She glared at him for changing the topic abruptly.