Part 3

Jab bhi hum ap sab k bare mai soch k thodi dukhi hote hai to apko pata hai wo kitne pareeshan ho jate hai?

A week later

The kiss after effects turned out disastrous. She has turned more mute as if she wasn't already the last many days. Atleast she talked to his family even if her answers were monosyllables but now..now since their kiss at the porch, she has stopped pretending to be okay even before the family. She don't answer anyone, not even her sister and especially him.

He has tried to relieve the worries of the family by saying that Khushi is observing a fast moun vrat for a few days.

He knew his reason was absurd..absolutely stupid as his family gave him the looks.

Moun vrat?

Like seriously?

If she is observing this then what was she doing this morning praying the aarti?

He hasn't bothered answering that not wanting to appear a fool before the family at his not-so-good coverup over Khushi's behavior.

"Khushi, di kuch poch rahi thi tumse.. Bolna nahi tha toh likh deti jaisa unhone kaha par tum...(Khushi, Di was asking something.If you didn't want to speak then you could've written it as she suggested but you...)" He stopped as she walked past him as if she hasn't heard him and disappeared into the bathroom slamming the door behind her.

He clenched his hands in anger. Her ignorance was irritating him, nagging him, pricking him.Angrily turning towards the mirror he punched it rudely causing the broken pieces to pierce his knuckles. Blood oozed out in small droplets.

Bathroom door burst open and she came out running with worry etched on her face.

"What do you think you're doing Arnav ji?" She said angrily eyeing his bleeding hand.

Her silence was broken by his one wound.

At least she cared...still

"Can't you see it by yourself?" He gritted out.

She looked away now realizing that unknowingly she has showed her care, concern, lo...

She dashed towards the door avoiding his glance when he slammed it close harshly causing her to jump.

"Khushi.. I am sorry..for..for whatever I said that day.. I...I didn't mean to hurt you.. I was angry and..Di she tried to kill herself that I couldn't handle the stress and lashed out on you.. I..am really sorry for that... Please don't do this to me.. I can't bear your ignorance.. It's.. Its hurting me..."

"So this is what I am to you Arnav ji, A punching bag?" She choked tearfully.

"Every time you'll be stressed, you'll let out all of your anger on me and will leave me hurt with the words which prick much more than a wound by a gunshot?" Two tears rolled down her cheeks while his eyes burned with unshed tears.

"Khushi.. I.." He didn't has any retort or words to defend himself.

"If I am the biggest mistake of your...your life Arnav ji then why don't you just let me go?" She cried.

"Free me and yourself from this forced relation. By forcibly binding me to this relation will hurt us both. It IS hurting us both.Can't you see?"

He knew he has wounded her by his harsh words said by him in anger. The thing which he didn't know was how to undone the damage caused by them?