Part 5

Hamari har pasand, na pasand ka khayal hai unhe

He came to stand behind her.She looked up from the frame turning to him and her eyes clashed with his.

"Did...did you do this?" she asked silently feeling extremely grateful.

"Did you like it?" he asked instead.

She didn't answer.Instead slowly leaned on him.

"You don't know what it means to me." She mumbled in his chest.

He swallowed moving the hairs away from her face behind her ear before placing his hand over her head.His other hand rested on her shoulder pulling her into his form.

"Just like you don't know what you mean to me." He whispered back."Khushi who better than me knows what is the meaning of your parents in your life.In this, our pain is mutual.We both have lost them.Its just...just that you have lost them in a very small age while I lived 14 years of my life with them.You don't remember much of your parents but i do remember mine.Its more bad in my case Khushi.Living in oblivion is a bliss.When your past is painful, when your parents' memory is associated with extreme pain then it doesn't leave you.Ever."

He wanted to divert her mind and he easily achieved it.She has cried enough for today.If he has to bring up his painful past before her which will make her forget her pain and concentrate on his for the time being then he was all game for it.In this way, she will realize that she is not the only one who is suffering in this loss.Others are too which is worse then hers.It might give some relieve to her.Trying won't harm.Would it?

So he did and it worked.

"Ap theek ho?(Are you alright?)" Khushi asked concerned as she heard how his tone changed from softer to painful, hurtful remembering his parents.She felt the tension in his muscles being in his embrace.

"Yeah. Yeah. I am fine. Don't worry. It has become a part of me.This pain, missing Maa and all."He sighed pressing his lips over her head on her hairs.

She pulled back and searched his eyes for any sign of hurt and pain which she heard in his voice but found none.Is he too much a master at hiding his emotions?

Why can't she do the same when it comes to him? Why can't she stay aloof to pain and hurt he give her? In that way it would have been easier.Hating him and leaving him would've been easier.Leaving this marriage at the end of the contract would've been easier.His words wouldn't have affected her, he wouldn't have affected her then she wouldn't have said to him that she would stay, give him a chance to mend this already shredded relation.Denying him would've been easier.Then she wouldn't have fallen weak in that moment when he touched her like she is something special to him and certainly wouldn't have blurted out that she won't leave, she will stay.

"What are you thinking?" He asked with a frown.He has noticed the tension lingering on her face.

She tried to mask her emotions but she wasn't an ASR, she was Khushi and that explains all.She failed to hide them.

"Nothing" She didn't meet his eyes as she placed the frame back on the bedside table carefully.

"No, there is something. Tell me." He demanded.

She knew he won't let it go so she chose to ask something hoping it would stop him from asking any further questions."I..was just thinking that how...did you get hold of my childhood photograph? I mean.."

His serious expressions didn't change as if he knew she was trying to divert his attention.

"I asked Garima Aunty.She had it." He replied calmly "Now tell me what actually are you thinking? Don't divert me.It won't work."