Crimson Leaves

A/N I've been thinking... how am i gonna make this happen....how am i gonna put this into a chapter... and then i had a stroke of geniusness... who cares how i do it i just should :D so i hope u like it... I've also been thinking, Wattpad seriously needs some more upbeat stories... but then i remembered that the twisted ones are always more fun to write..... :D Enjoy SkyRed.

Jamie POV

It's a horrible thing, finding out that your all alone in the world. I looked away from Antonio's face, he knew that we were all alone. Sitting ducks in a small pond surrounded by hunters carrying loaded guns. If the vampires had isolated us they were waiting to strike and if they hadn't... if they were gone.... then we had some serious problems.

Although this situation hadn't really changed too much for me, danger was always a problem and i was used to playing sick mind games with people.... my whole life has been a game of survival ofcourse. It was just that now i had some form of insight that something was comming and it was gonna be big. At least i wasn't blindly walking around corners...

I watched silently as Mother turned around and moved off towards the stairs. My brothers turned to look at each other...silent communication, through a series of looks and facial movement, a family trait that had developed over time, something that i wasn't given the option to join into. I knew what they were saying, it's hard not to when all of your life you've been forced to watch every little thing around you, to seccond guess everything. 'What does that mean?' 'What's going to happen now?' 'Are we being targetted?'

Father cleared his throat, we turned to face him imediately "Sons, i know with this revelation of information you probably have some questions to ask"  he glanced around at us all "I request that you hold on to them for now, i will answer them all in time" when he gets more information i thought. "Please keep this to yourself, there is no need to worry the pack for such a jovial matter" i saw Antonio's muscles tense just for a fraction of a seccond, he didn't agree with Father but was smart enough not to challenge his descision.

"You are all free to go" we all began to move when he spoke "However, Jamie, you will stay, we will be taking our lessons outside today"

I froze up, a small bout of confussion hitting me 'we've never had a lesson outside before... why are we starting now?' i stared at Father, trying to work out his motive. I could think of any reason other than him wanting to try something new.....

I could hear my brothers growl lowly, grumbling and complaining about Fathers apparent favouritism. Father turned and stalked towards the door, like the predator he was, like the predator i knew him to be. He paused momentarily to pick up an old blue sports bag, covered in questionable stains, before he moved through the door.

I followed behind him quietly into the trees. All the while making sure i wasn't to close to him, incase he thought i was challenging his authority, and not too far away incase he thought i was underminning him. We walked through the forest, out of the light and into the darkness. Sticking to the path created by shadow He led me, till we were at the edge of our land.

I glanced around us, all my instincts were telling me to move. Run, they screamed, run, run and never look back. But that wasn't an option. Not for me. I willed my body to obey my mind, it wasn't that hard, this wasn't the first time. I stayed in place, watching warily as Father stalked towards the otherside of the small clearing.

He turned abruptly to face me, his fangs elongating, his claws ripping through the flesh on his hands as they started to morph. His eyes widened, his iris and his pupil fading into each other, becoming one black cirlce surrounded by a thin outer layer of white.

He lowered his arm to the ground and picked up a large stick, it must have been part of a tree branch. He snapped it with his claws making it come to a jagged tip. Then he moved, sinking into my stomach, impaling me on a tree. I felt the bark underneath me crumble away.

Father moved back, taking his new weapon with him, dripping with a sticky red liquid and tiny chunks of organ. He threw me to his left, watching with a cold smirk as i landed on hard tiny rocks that embedded into my back.

He opened the blue bag and pulled out a large hunting knife and some rope. He grabbed my arm in a tight grip and pulled me off the ground, dragging me over to a large tree. He began to tie the rope around me, winding it around the tree and tightening it, restricting my movement as much as possible. He laughed harshly as he moved my arm through the rope so it was easy for him to acsess.

He gripped my wrist pushing into my nerves so my hand unclenched, and slowly one by one he pieced the top of my finger, using the knife to push away skin and flesh so he was left with bone. As i writhed and whimpered he seemed to enjoy my pain even more.

When he was done he moved closser towards me. Lifting the tip of the blade to the side of my face, moving it so it just caught his skin, nothing that would alert my brothers to what was happening. The he sliced the skin in front and behind my ear, lifting the blade just enough for him to score the skin that rimmed around my ear. Not noticeable by most but still risky.

I looked up and met His cold eyes, filled with nothing but hatred. Father untied me before he proceeded to rip through my skin with his claws. Throwing me into the surrounding trees, as if playing some peverse sport where he won extra points if i hit the leaves. A rustling sound distracted me from my pain, no animal would stay in the area if a wolf had begun their transformation.

I was thrown to the ground, i opened my eyes just enough to watch my father, smeared in blood, stepping towards me. It was then that all of senses alerted me to the danger, with no time to react there was nothing i could do. A blurry, colourless mass moved through the clearing, slamming into Father with such clarity and speed that i was shocked. Father would not have even seen it, it was only my genetics that allowed me to.

I didn't know what it was, a scent that was almost undetectible, yet my nose picked it straight away. It was familiar to me, mainly because it was affecting me in the same way that it was, when i had originally found it. My senses went wild, the sudden urge to snarl and growl and release my beast was unimaginable.

It moved like nothing i had seen before, just a blur to my eyes. I moved up onto my feet, i felt them around me, hidden in the shadows, hidden in the trees. So many of them, all eyes trained on my movement, but i couldn't see them, i couldn't hear them, i could barely smell them. But they were there. These creatures, not like anything ever recorded in the archives.

I watched as Father was thrown around, into trees and left on the ground. I moved quiclky, grabbing him and running. Running for our survival, for my own survival. I would have just left Him there if i didn't know that returning hime without Him would lead to many questions, questions that couldn't be answered. And so i lifted him, allowing some abilities free, and i ran as fast as i could. The whole time hoping and wishing that they would not follow, hoping that we would not be caught.

As i ran i turned and looked back at the clearing. Hanging off the trees, illuminating the area in a red haze, illuminating our battle ground were dripping and stained crimson leaves.