Prepare For Battle... If you get the chance

A/N well, sorry fro not uploading, it was easter and then holidays and i really just havent had the chance.... also i took some time to collect my ideas for this story anyways this isn't nearly the whole thing i had planned but i uploaded it anyways....soooo...... Enjoy :D SkyRed :D

Jamie POV

I sat on the seatee just under my window, staring out at the forest. What's out there? i thought to myself, what could be so fast that it is unseeable by my sight, what is out there that would attack Father and only Father. I didn't know.

I stared out into the darkness, watching as the wind blew through the forest, watching as all the leaves were swept up off the ground dancing together before settling back onto the earths ground. Then there was nothing, no movement, no noise. It was as if nature was putting up its defenses, readyng itself for the pandemonium about to take place.

I stared out into the night, waiting for something to happen, anything, but there was nothing. I was pulled out of my thoughts by a startled shout from downstairs. I was gone within minutes, racing down the stairs and towards the following sounds of distress. I stopped at the room Father was in, as i stepped inside i noticed my brothers surrounding the once was room.

Mother was next to Father, holding his hand as she looked around at the carnage. Mother turned and looked at me, raising one of her delicate eyebrows "James?" she questioned, her voice leaving chills running up and down my spine. I straightened under her scrutiny, "What did this?" questioned Antonio as he leaned against the royal blue wall to my left, Mother inclined her head gently as if agreeing with the question.

They were right it wasn't a question of a who, but a what. The question i couldn't answer, but the scent i recognised, the same one i found in the forest, the same that surrounded us, the scent that belonged to whatever atacked Father. The scent that had been haunting my mind since discovered.

I walked further inside, i could practically hear the command being shouted at me 'Find It!' but no one said a thing. I followed the scent, around the room, so familiar yet so unknown. It led right around the room, i stopped at the open window, the scent breaking into two paths. An entry and an exit.

Glancing around at the carnage i noticed it, prints in the walls. I looked around the window sill, and thats when i saw them, scratches in the wood, markings imprinted, pieces of wood torn out. I moved backwards and stared. These weren't ordinary markings, not from an animal. These were the marks of a monster.

I looked down at my hands and back to the wood marks, something with claws or talons, nice and sharp. "Did you see it?" i asked quietly, there was no sound in the room except Fathers now steady breath. I looked up at them all, Mother had turned to look at Father, my brothers where glancing at each other and away again. They hadn't seen it.

I looked back towards the bed with Father and Mother, he would be waking soon. I swallowed quietly as i looked out the window. Then i dawned on me, they hadn't attacked me the first time, then they attacked father and now they have snuck onto His land and property. They were warnings, they had notified us.

"They'll be back" i said into the silent room, i looked over at my 'Family' my brothers looked up at us sharply, Mother was peerign at me, "No" she said clearly, "there were only two times, there must be three to declare a battle" i looked at her and away again. Antonio looked at me, i could feel him trying to search me for answers, but i kept my normal stance. 

I turned back around, lookign at Mother and only Mother i spoke, "i thought so too" her eyebrows narrowed "i was in the forest a while ago and i came upon their scent" i dropped my head, my brothers looked up suddenly staring at me. "Why didn't you tell us!" exclaimed Marcus, i didn't look up, i wouldn't not until they adressed me. It wouldn't be good if i forgot my place.

"that is not our concern for this moment Marcus" said Mother calmly, she turned back to me, "this means we may have to fight" there was nothing, no sound. I looked up and met Mothers eyes, she nodded i knew my job. "They can attack anytime from their third notification" my brothers looked at Antonio who was nodding his head in understanding.

"Boys" adressed Mother "Be ready to fight at all times" we nodded our consent, "They will strike when ever they are ready" My brothers all turned and left the room, i turned towards Mother, "James" she adressed me, "I want you to be prepared, find as much information on these creatures as you can without being injured" i nodded once "It would not do well for us to loose any advantage we have on them"

I left the room and headed outside, i passed by Antonio adressing the other wolves. They would fight if the creatures came, and they would all perish.