Layers of Skin

A/N here u go.. if u haven't read the last chapter u deffinately should... like really this one'll make no sense if u haven't read it..... :D Enjoy :D SkyRed :D

3rd Person

They sat around the table, on the floor, bandages wrapped around them. Red painting their skin. They did not know what to do, everything they had thought, had believed, had been thrown to the ground and stomped on.

They had been attacked with little warning, they hadn't been beaten, they'd been masacred. Bodies were still being collected, still being identified... if they could. These creatures these monsters had come onto their land and taken from them family, blood, confidence, pride, spirit. They had been hopeless just wishing for it to stop. Hoping for a miracle.

They couldn't understand it, James, as they had all known, is.. was a monster, a creature that had to be handled carefully, an accident that momentarilly stopped their world. Very few hybrids are born and even less survive childhood, so unheard of, little is known of them. Something so un-natural that it shouldn't exist. Yet that was what the creatures wanted, those things, part wolf part vampire... so different to what James had looked like.

How he had fooled them, a boy, a boy who hid his nature from his pack, a boy who's creature could camoflage itself in skin, and fur. A creature that could attack like a wolf with the precision of a vampire.

Where they had given up, he continued to fight, where they fallen, he stood tall. They had never seen anything like him, so unlike the other creatures yet of the same kin. He had fought them, fought them for a pack that did not care for him. Kept by his parents for bragging rights, or so the wolves had thought.

He had fooled them, or had they been blind. He was always there, yet never with them, always seperated by their quick judgements and resentment. They knew nothing about him, they thought he did not feel, thought he was incapable of caring. They knew nothing.

When the creatures had attacked no one had expected it, no one other than Jamie, who had sensed them long before the Pack. It was only during the battle that they had seen him, in his form, fully transformed. A sight they doubted they would ever see again. He had claws like none they had seen, the perfect mixture of Vampire and Werewolf. The female they had captured no one knew much about, she was human, they could smell that, she wore a ring on her finger that glistened in the light yet she screamed James' name. They did not know who she was.

There was much they did not know. They had seen a creature, just a boy, save them all from death. Give up his life and sacrifice himself, they watched as he went away with those creatures so they could all live. They watched and could do nothing.

They has stared in amazement, the creatures had only wanted him, and once they had him they had left. What purpose, they wondered, could he possibly fill. They knew nothing. They had stared as the beautiful human screamed his name over and over and had stared as she sobbed as he left. They stared at a creature they had never seen before yet had lived with for years.

They had stared as he moved away, his claws retreating, talons growing into fingers. Fur turn back to smooth skin and fangs back to teeth, he looked normal. They stared as his shirt fell away and his normalicy disapeared once more.

His back had been covered in shapes, intricate designs carved over and over. Angry red shapes, sharp white lines, dark splotches, purple, and green skin. Blotches of skin all different coloured. Changing in front of their eyes. fresh wounds closing, flesh knitting itself back together. Not all of them had come form the battle, that they could tell.

They could not understand it, could not fathom it. How had James aquired all of those scars, all of those wounds. How had he hid them. How did they not know. As they pondered those thoughts it started to become apparent, stomachs began to roll. They must have come from somewhere James goes often that no one else does. The only places known to them were the 'special lessons'.

They did not want to believe it, there was never any sign nevr any indication that he was wounded or injured or hurting. He never showed it, in fact he barely said anything, only if he was asked. As the wolves thought about the battle and all revealed the more they did not want to think of it. It seemed as each layer of skin was taken away, a new one became apparent.

The pack couldn't help thinking it, just how many layers did Jamie have that no one knew  about. Who was  this creature and what was he capable of?. Where had he been taken?, why did he never fight back against the Pack?, always submitting to his brother or his Sier or his Alpha. What were those monsters going to do with him?