Clutching Darkness

A/N Hey guys, sorry about how long this one took, i've had assignments and homework and more assignments.... and then i forgot my wattpad password.... anyways here you go. Sorry about the waiting time. :D Enjoy :D SkyRed :D

Stephen's POV

Wind whipped through my fur, my eyes darted left and right. I quietly stepped forward. My ears were up listening to the sounds of night. Shadows moved in the darkness. Something cold touched my side, I turned sharply a warning growl issuing from my throat.

The other wolf huffed and turned to watch the young pups playing on the dried leaves, their playful leaps and jumps causing loud noises to flow into the night. I couldn't really remember who's idea it was for us to let them play outside at night but it did help to calm them. We couldn't afford for all the pups to be terrified.

The footage had continued, each day showed a new beating for Jamie and we could do nothing. The scent had trailed off and we had yet to find it again, Alpha, Father had been talking to other packs, digging up information but nothing was found. Even Fathers Wife, had found nothing, She had looked through letters and papers and searched out clans and had come back empty handed. We could not find him, yet we had to watch him suffer everyday through powered box.

Jamie POV

I had my arms wrapped around my legs, not because I was cold, or for protection, but so it was easier to blend into my surroundings. I didn't know what to do, where to go. All of my options led to one future death, naturally some of the paths i could take did include torture but the end result would be the same.

I had wedged my body between some rocks and was trying not to be seen or heard. I needed to sleep, my body had been constantly healing itself and had finally crashed once away from imedite danger. I would have to leave soon, I couldn't afford to be captured and dragged back to the scientist. I had to find out what was going on. Who he was working for, tomorrow there would be no live broadcast, whether everyone thought it was because he was dead or not was irrelevant, they would all stil look for me.

There was a snap of a twig and I pushed myself deeper into the space, concealing my breath, stopping my shoulder movement, I did not move, I sat as still as stone, which is perfect while masquarading a s a rock. The only thing I could rely on for safety, is the strength from the new moon, they would not try to take me while I could literally tear them all apart, layer by layer. I would be clutching to the darkness till it faded into sunlight.