Night two

Louis hears the tapping at his window. It's quick and frantic, but soft so it doesn't wake his family. He looks at his alarm clock next to his bed.

12am. Of course.

He climbs out of bed and opens his window with a smile. Harry is sitting on his knees, looking frazzled and he doesn't return the smile.

"Nick asked me out," he blurts before Louis can even greet him. Louis smiles leaves his face and his eyes open wide.

"What?"

"Nick. He asked me out on a date," Harry repeats and Louis frowns. He really hates Nick.

"When?" Louis asks, his voice barely audible.

"Just now," Harry admits. Louis' eyes flick over to Harry's open window and then back to Harry.

"He's at your house?" Louis hisses and Harry shakes his head quickly.

"No. He texted me," Harry tells him and Louis lets out a snort.

"He texted you? How stupid is he? You ask that in person," Louis laughs and Harry gives him a disapproving look.

"He was scared to see my reaction. He didn't want me to reject him to his face," Harry says and Louis hates to admit it, but he likes that Nick knows Harry would decline.

"I guess being rejected over text is easier," Louis agrees. Harry looks down and bites his lip, feeling guilty.

"I said yes, Lou," Harry whispers. Louis hears it and his heart feels like it's being jabbed with a knife.

He doesn't reply, he just turns around and goes back to bed, ignoring Harrys calls of his name. How could Harry say yes? Sure they've both kissed other people, but neither of them have ever dated anyone.

Harry climbs in Louis' window, feeling so guilty. He just couldn't tell Nick no because he isn't mean. He hates rejecting people. Louis is curled up in his bed, under his blanket. Harry tiptoes over and sits on the edge of his bed.

"Louis, please don't be mad at me." Harry begs. He feels Louis shift and he's hoping the boy is starting to calm down.

"Lou. I hate when you're mad at me. Please just look at me," he begs again and Louis lowers the blanket from his face. He's frowning and his bright, happy eyes look sad and dull.

"Go away, Harry," Louis tells him. Harry frowns.

"No," he says stubbornly and Louis reaches down to pull his blanket back up. Harry grabs his hands gently.

"Don't cover your face," Harry instructs and Louis rolls his eyes and looks at his wall, avoiding Harrys gaze.

"It's just a date, Lou," Harry tries to convince him and Louis' eyes snap back to Harry.

"Fine. Maybe I should ask Eleanor on a date. Maybe Stan," Louis replies and Harry bubbles with anger just at the idea. Louis is his.

"No." he replies firmly and Louis raises his brows.

"It's just a date, H," he mocks and Harry sighs. He releases Louis' tiny hands and brings them to his own face.

"Please don't do that, Lou. I don't like fighting," Harry tells him quietly and Louis caves because Harry looks vulnerable and sad.

He sits up and curls himself into Harry, loving how the taller boys arms wrap him up. He feels safe in Harrys arms. He nuzzles his nose into Harry's chest and enjoys the way he smells. He also enjoys the way they fit together perfectly.

"I'm sorry," Louis mumbles, "I just really hate Nick."

Harry doesn't say anything, he just kisses the top of Louis's head. He pulls the boy closer and rubs little circles into his back.

Louis pulls away a little so he can look into Harrys eyes. Harry gives him a small smile, causing Louis' eyes to look down at his lips.

"Just kiss me," Harry breathes and Louis leans forward, closing the space between them. Their lips move in sync and Louis loves how right it feels to kiss Harry. He loves the way he feels and has always felt when he kisses Harry.

He pulls away and looks back at Harry, both their breathing slightly ragged.

"Can you just stay the night?" Louis asks and Harry nods, lying down and pulling Louis into him.

"I'll have to leave right away in the morning so mom doesn't find out," he informs Louis.

"I know," Louis mumbles, his eyes already closed. Harry kisses Louis' forehead.

"I love you, Louis. No matter what."

"I love you too, Harry. Forever."