Night twelve

"Is the school going to let you play tomorrow?" Liam asks. He's sitting on Louis' desk chair, throwing his stress ball around.

"I don't know. I hope so," Louis tells him. His suspension is done today so he should be able to play tomorrow. It's only fair.

"Okay let's talk about something we're all interested in," Niall chimes in and both Louis and Liam turn to look at him.

"You're not interested in our game tomorrow?" Liam questions and Niall just rolls his eyes.

"Yeah sure. So Louis what is happening with Harry? You've wanted him for years and then poof you're done? After a day?" Niall questions and Louis can feel the familiar pain in his chest.

"I guess..." Louis replies and he hates Niall for bringing this up.

"Bullshit. Tell us the truth," Niall pesters on and Louis could kill him. Tonight was supposed to be a fun night.

"Wait! Was he your secret lover?" Liam squeals and Louis could now kill them both.

"Um." he says and wow he sounds stupid.

"He was! How long?" Liam asks and Louis tries to keep his voice even.

"Like three years?" he replies and Nialls eyes bug out of his head.

"You guys were together for three years? How the hell," he replies in astonishment and Louis just nods sadly. He doesn't want to talk about this.

"It's obvious when you look back now. The way they always smiled at each other and gazed at each other," Liam muses and Louis looks down.

"Yeah. Can we stop talking about it?" he asks and both boys give him apologetic smiles.

"The best way to get over someone is to get under someone... Or on top of someone. You seem like a top, Lou," Niall tells him and Louis chokes.

"Shut up," Liam whines and he covers his eyes. Niall laughs and Louis can't help but join in.

"Not funny. I just got the worst mental image," Liam complains and Niall just laughs harder.

"Can't be that bad. I'm sexy," Louis teases and Liam just shakes his head.

"Sure, Tomlinson. Whatever." he says and Louis smiles. He genuinely smiles and it feels so good.

"I know you want me," Louis continues and Liam groans.

"Never would I ever want you," Liam says.

"Ouch." Louis mumbles.

His eyes flick to his window. It's a habit and he sees Harry laughing with Zayn in his room.

Harry invited Zayn to cheer him up and so far it's been working. They've done homework and talked about people at school.

Basically they avoided the topic of Louis.

Harry sighs once Louis crosses his mind and he can't help but look out the window. He sees Liam and Niall laughing and then he spots Louis.

He's sitting on his bed and he's looking out the window. They make eye contact and Harry can feel his heart skip a beat and his mind just becomes a jumbled mess.

Louis swallows thickly when his eyes meet Harrys deep green ones. He watches as Harry fidgets but doesn't break eye contact.

Louis gives him a small smile and a wave because they are neighbors. He's just being friendly. Just friendly...

Harry feels a warmth spread through his body as Louis smiles and waves and he can't help but do the same.

"Who are you waving to?" Zayn asks and Harry looks over at him.

"Louis. He's in his room with Niall and Liam..." Harry tells him. Zayn nods slowly.

"Remember when we were all friends?" Zayn asks and Harry nods sadly. Those were the days.

"I miss those days," Harry tells him.

"Me too. You should just make up with Louis."

"He told me he wouldn't forgive me."

"He also told you he loves you. I find that easier to believe don't you?" Zayn questions.

Harry looks back out the window and sees Louis laughing with his friends. His heart swells with love as Louis' eyes crinkle and he can hear his laugh in his head.

Louis turns his head and sees Harry looking at him again. He can't help the smile that graces his face because it's Harry and Harry makes him smile. Even when he's upset with him.

"Yeah. I find that way easier to believe," Harry replies.