Chapter 6: Boy Talk

CHAPTER SIX

BOY TALK

JULI POV

I stalked across the room and with one swift motion yanked the blur haired girl off the floor. My other fist balled up as she looked me calmly in the eye. 

"Why did you wait so long, you stupid little girl? He could die. Not to mention we don't know how to unpossess the guys. All we can do at this point is keep them under your sleep spell." The girl glared and teleported out of my grasp to stand beside the door. Speaking she leaned against the wall propping one foot up. 

"Look Julianna here in about ten seconds I'm going to be in enough trouble without you adding to it. I saved their asses and you can do the rest. Your powers tripled when Raven brought you back anyway." When I looked at her blankly she sighed and rolled her eyes. "You have powers, use them." 

"Juli look." Turning my head to Ana I saw Lee kneeling on the floor beside Max's chest as he glowed a pale yellow. Leaping forward the girl slapped a hand on his left side a stone clutched in her palm. Then he was healed and I guess the stone was in his side. All I had to do now was unpossess the guys.  

RIKI BREAKS OUT

RIKI POV

I felt the blow rip through my skin, tearing away the flesh but I made no move to stop him. Right, as if I could. Instead I glared into the flames my hands clenched into fists as I continued to stand tall. There was nothing Satan could do to me that hadn't already been done to me. I'd lost my family and the love of my life. He said he was sending me back to Earth to do a job for him. It didn't matter what he wanted I would not do it. I wouldn't do what he wanted me too no matter what he thought. I hated every aspect of Earth.

.........

Things looked different than when I was here last. My home was empty and the streets were deserted even though it was broad daylight. Shrugging, I slipped in the broken back door and headed up to Nicole's room. Hopefully she still kept a journal. Prying up a spot in the floor I found she still hid her journal in the same place she always had. Sighing I settled down to read. 

I read about the Storms and how they had destroyed my family. I was shocked to realize how much time had passed but I had been in hell, after all. Then I got to the last entry and my blood ran cold. She was dead. I hoped she'd been wrong but I doubted it. Matt and Joey had never taken her seriously but I always had. Angry, I slammed my fist into the floor.  

Growling, I stood and strolled down the hall to my room. I dug out some old clothes. It was just an old white tank top and a baggy pair of jeans but it would do. I looked in the mirror to see the face I hadn't seen in twenty-two years. My hair was still long and dark brown and my eyes were still a pale green. Shouting I slammed my fist into the mirror then paused to watch blood trickle down my hand. I couldn't feel any pain. It wasn't like I was alive anyway. Just the walking dead I guess. It just keeps getting better and better. 

I walked out back praying that me truck was still there. I let out a yell as I saw she was still there. My beautiful red Chevy C-10 was in prime condition. Taking a second glance as I stepped closer I saw that some dude was sleeping in her beautiful white interior. Pulling open the door I grabbed him by his jacket and threw him to the ground. He started to speak until he looked up at me. Then he was gone. Chuckling I started her up and she purred just like she used to. Smiling I hit the gas and pointed her in the direction of the Storm's mansion. 

When I got there I shut the engine off and walked around to the front of the truck. It was deserted, of course. It couldn't be simple. I had to find where they had gone. Growling in frustration I leaned back against the hood and closed my eyes. 

"They're not here Ricki." I opened my eyes to see a kid standing in front of me. He was obviously homeless judging by the ragged clothes yet he wasn't afraid of me. I was 6'4 with serious muscle mass, grown men were afraid of me. My eyes narrowed. He'd also knew my name. 

"They were killed." 

"Who the fuck are you." The kid grinned and placed a hand on my arm. 

"But one of the Storms reproduced and I can tell you where to find them." Jerking to a stand I leaned forward so my face was inches from his. 

"I'm listening."

JULI POV

I glanced over at Mom who was running her fingers through dad's hair. The other women had taken Mel downstairs to give her a crash course on humans. I opened my mouth, closed it then opened it again. 

"So, you're pregnant." Mom looked up and grinned. 

"So it seems and um he's going to be a new kind of protector for the world. He'll be able to shift into a wolf." I looked at Jules's sleeping face, more concerned with the baby part than the wolf part, what's a little more weirdness in this family. Mom sighed and I drew my attention back to her. 

"I loved him Juli but Luke is my soul mate. Please don't judge me." Her eyes met mine and I smiled. 

"I'm glad your happy Mom and I don't care if he shifts into a wolf but we need to have a talk about who exactly Dad used to be." Mom started to speak but I shook my head. "Wait until we figured out how to un-possess the guys. Right now we need to get some sleep. Sit with Dad while I go get the girls."  

Stepping out the door I stopped when I saw Mel standing there, crying in the hall. I walked over and put my arm around her as she looked at me. 

"I didn't know he could die."  

"I know sweetie but at least you got here in time. Let's go get the girls. I think we need a boy talk." Mel frowned and looked at me. 

"What's a boy talk." I grinned as I pulled her down the stairs. 

"This is going to be so much fun."

.........

Lee, Ana, Mel, and I lay on my bed painting our toenails. Yes, it was girly but we needed a normal moment before we thought about our problems with the guys. Instead we talked about guys in general. Ana finished Lee's toes just as I finished with hers. Smiling mischievously Ana looked at me.  

"So...is Max taken? Can I have him? Cause he is seriously hot." I glared at her as Mel rolled her eyes. 

"Please, let's not put Max on the table he is like a brother to me." Looking at me slyly she winked and looked back at Ana. "Instead let's put Alex on the table. Those big puppy dog eyes and that buff body of his I could..." Ana jerked up straight and pointed at me. 

"She can answer my question first." I grimaced but nodded. 

"I don't know how I feel about anything just yet." Ana started to speak but I spoke up before she should say anything. "However you put the moves on him and you're gonna wish you hadn't." She leaned towards me but Lee put a hand on her chest. Mel just giggled. 

"I guess that's your answer sister. Your turn." Ana sat back again and smiled faintly as she looked at Mel. 

"Honestly?" Mel nodded and Ana sighed. 

"I don't think of either one of them like that. They just know me. We understand each other." Mel took this as the end of girl. 

"Great, now let's finish up my toes so you can fix Juli's." Looking down I saw my toes and my toenails were neon blue. Sighing I held my hand out. 

"Hand me the nail polish remover please." We stayed up til midnight then we all drifted to sleep piled up in my bed. I guess we all needed a little comfort.