Chapter 7: Dark Secrets

CHAPTER SEVEN

DARK SECRETS

JULI POV

................

I gasped as I felt the darkness take on a life of its own. It reached out to grasp my arms and tried to pull me into its embraced. I felt it tearing at my flesh as I struggled with it. I felt its hunger and its greed but I couldn't get away. For the second time I felt myself dying and then oddly, enough I felt anger. I hadn't been able to find that anger when Raven was touching me but I found it now. The anger was so strong that I shook with it. Then I felt my power, small at first then overwhelming. It burst forth like a tidal wave driving the darkness back. It screamed in rage but my powers had taken on a life of its own. The power kept coming even when I had no strength left to stand. I fell to my knees, my arms thrown wide, as tears slid down my cheek. I closed my eyes shaking from pain and the strength of my power but I didn't cry out. Then as quickly as it began it was over. The dark was gone and my power had retreated, leaving me in control once again.

..........

The light stayed there surrounding me but gradually a picture started to slowly appear like someone was drawing it. To the sides empty benches appeared on a stark white floor. In front of me elevated podium appeared with Raven sitting behind it. A mallet was in his hand and he wore a white wig and black robes. I knew from pictures that he was trying to represent a court room. He sat down and grinned when our eyes met. Then he slammed the gravel down and spoke, his voicing booming. 

"Courts in session, bring in the accused." I whirled around to see two double doors appear then open. Jules and Dad shuffled in with chains on the wrists and feet so their feet dragged as they moved. Both of them looked like they'd had the crap beat out of them. Daddy had blood running down his face from a gash on his head and Jules was struggling not to put pressure on his left leg. I growled as Jules stumbled but Daddy managed to catch him before he fell. They sat down at a long tabled that appeared in front of Raven as I spoke. 

"What the hell are you doing? You let them go this second, Raven." Raven smirked and leaned forward. 

"But that's not how this game works, Julianna. In order to bring the guys back in your world you have to play my game by my rules. Melissa may have stopped me from physically coming on the island but I've still got them. Do you want to hear the rules?" Gritting my teeth I nodded, knowing I didn't have a choice. 

"Go ahead." 

"Rule number one: no powers. Rule number two: you decide all of their fates." I opened my mouth to speak but Raven shushed me. I gritted my teeth and crossed my arms over my chest. "Jules and Luke are going to tell you their dark secrets. Secrets that they would never tell you but I think you should know. I really want to see if you're as noble as your mother is. Any questions?" I started to speak but Raven laughed and shook his finger at me. "Relevant questions?" I glared and shook my head. Raven clapped his hands together barely containing his joy. "Good, grasp your Daddy's hands and let's get this show on the road." I walked over to them. They both look defeated and had matching looks of horror. I bit my lip as I grasped Daddy's hands. His hands were shaking as I looked into his eyes and I felt myself falling...

**********

I blinked as the feeling of falling stopped and I saw I was standing in a lush green forest. I watched as two figures walked through the path in the forest towards me. As they got closer I saw they were both about sixteen or seventeen. The boy had white blonde hair and bright blue eyes that seemed to take on a life of their own. The girl had long blonde hair that fell halfway down her back. Her eyes were lowered as she reached out and grabbed his hand. They didn't seem to be able to hear or see me so I stepped forward to hear what the girl was saying. Her voice was barely a whisper. I was right in front of her when she lifted her eyes up to meet his and I saw her eyes were silver. Shit. 

I stumbled backwards as they walked forward and sat together on a boulder to the side of the path. They were wearing clothes from the middle ages. This had to be a past life they had together. I took a deep breath and walked up to them so I could hear what dad was saying. 

"Leslie, please let's go away. Your father is evil. I couldn't bear it if you were hurt." Mom smiled and placed a hand on either side of his face as tears slid down her cheeks. 

"Sweet Lucas. There will never be an escape from him. I could die and he would just follow me into the next life." Lucas ran his hand down her back as she continued. 'He agreed to our marriage so he can get your lands. He needs allies so he can use my gift to start a war. He knows how strong I am." Mom went to stand but Dad stood and swept her into his arms. Then his eyes shifted from blue to black and a dagger appeared in his hand. I screamed as he shoved into her stomach. She sagged in his arms as blood seeped through her dress. Dad pulled out the knife and dropped it to the ground as he stared down at her face. He sobbed as she raised her hand to his face and told him that she understood. Then her hand fell limply to her side and she stopped breathing. Dad was screaming as the scene faded and Raven's voice echoed in the darkness. 

"See, Luke made a deal for the lands that Leslie father wanted. Luke loved Leslie and wanted her to marry him but he lacked the money and the lands. He found this man who offered him the land and in return he would borrow Luke's body for two minutes of his choosing. Someone with sense would ask what he needed a body for but Luke thought it was a good deal. And it wasn't the only past life that Luke placed a knife in your mother. Why else would he be forbidden to be human? Still with every new life your mother would search him out, her soul mate. She loved him more than any other man she'd ever been with including your father."  

He paused, seeming to take pleasure in the waves of emotion that were coming off of me. I bit my lip as I clenched my hands into fists. Raven chuckled then continued his story. "Maybe you can even forgive Luke since he's not that intelligent, well that's not honest, he's just plain stupid. Always thinking with his heart but not his head. But how can you forgive Jules? After all he was brought back to Danvers to get your mom pregnant and then turn her over to my dad." My mouth went dry as I licked my lips and spoke. 

"I don't believe you." 

"See for yourself."

********* 

Jules stood before a man that was an older version of Raven, their Dad I guess. They were in a kitchen and Jules had the look of an obedient puppy as he looked up at his Dad.  

"I brought you back here for a reason Julian. I give you permission to destroy whomever you wish to as long as you do one thing for me. Leslie Strange." Jules blinked then smiled wickedly, reminding me of Raven. 

"But father I failed the last time. Why would you offer me a second chance?" His Dad leaned forward grasping his shoulders. 

"You were a fool before believing that you loved her but not this time. You will play nice not try to scare her off like last time. Then you will get her pregnant willingly so she cannot deny us. Then you will make her one of us, son. I know you can do this." Jules smiled and licked his lips as the scene returned to the court room.

********

I literally felt fire burning within me as I opened my eyes to see Jules and Luke's face. Both of them were crying and each of them grasped one of my hands. Neither winced as I burned their palms they just continued looking at me. I released them and turned to Raven, who was standing behind me.  

"You're a fool Raven. I might hate them right now but I would never leave them with you. You did this to hurt me and you damn well know it. Now let us go." With that I struck him in the nose, hearing bones break. He cursed covering his nose as I turned back to Dad and Jules. Dad started to speak but I shook my head. "Fuck you Dad and damn you Jules. You've broken my heart and betrayed my soul. Now wake the fuck up."