Chapter 11: Demons and Home

CHAPTER ELEVEN

DEMONS AND HOME

JULI POV

"So before we leave out, how do we kill them again?" Sighing I brushed my hair into a ponytail as I looked at Lee in the mirror. 

"Max said that all demons are different and it depends on his abilities but we should try cutting off his head or fire to start." I made eye contact as she grimaced. I grinned and gave her an air punch in the arm. She smiled and tugged my ponytail as I popped from the locker room to the gym floor where the guys were waiting. Picking up my new leather jacket off the floor I winked at Max. 

"Alright gang let's do this. Remember we may have to get caught to breech his security and find out how many we need to get out. Ana's on point since her powers are better for this one. Now someone grab Ricki and help him out since he can't port."

..........

The smell hit me first as I looked around to see dead bodies littering the streets. Sighing I wiped my forehead as the heat hit me as well. 

"Alright guys lets concentrate and get us a demon. I know this is bad but we have to stop this guy. Ana you're on point." Nodding she squared her shoulders as Jared patted her on the shoulder. 

"Just think Aunt Leslie is probably four months pregnant now. She's probably throwing all kinds of crap at him." Ana giggled and I sighed as I reached for Max's hands. She was so in love with him. We'd reached an alleyway when Ana stiffened and jerked Jared's staff from his hand and whirled to the shadows to the left of the alley. I spun as I felt something behind me and realized we were surrounded. Making eye contact with Max I fumbled and missed hitting the short troll in front of me. He grinned and made a hand motion then the world went black.

..........

As I slowly gained consciousness I could hear Mel raging in the background. 

"You spineless bastards. You let us go now. Powers or not I'll kill you. I'll..." Gripping my head I sat up as the room spun. 

"Mel shut up." She whirled around as I tried to move my left knee and discovered I couldn't. "What the hell happened?" 

"Apparently the Wazaar knows how to steal powers. That's why we all went unconscious like that. And since they dragged us here they probably damaged your knee. I woke up halfway here and beat some ass until Wazaar grabbed Lee and said he was holding her as collateral until we calmed down. Paling I gasped as Mel touch my knee. 

"It's a ripped ligament. You'll only be able to stumble on it until Lee gets her powers back. She's the best at healing." Glancing at Ana, who was the one that had spoken, I saw she was sitting on the floor across from me. 

"He'll keep us as toys but the guys..." Ana looked up pale as hell but determined. I was so proud in that moment. 

"He'll kill them. But we still have the plan. No powers or not it will still work. Nodding I hugged her as I looked around and realized we were in a cell with a lantern sitting in the middle. We could see where we were at but not outside the cell. Ana jumped up as I saw someone opening the door. She clinched her hands into fists but didn't move as a girl walked in holding a lantern. Outside the door six demons stood glaring at us.  

"Follow me." Glaring at her I walked past the demons as they surrounded us Ana paused looked up at the biggest demon there and snarled. 

"If my family is hurt I'll kill him with my bare fucking hands." Pausing she tilted her head and looked at the demon as if considering as she bit her lip. I grinned as she shrugged.