Part Eight

A/N: Hey so today I realised that for a short story to be entered in Watty awards, a story has to be less than 30 pages. And excluding this chapter it's already 26 pages so...

It is now in the teen fiction genre! But this genre is always so populated I'm afraid no one will know about my story even less than before! >:( So please help to vote, vote, vote!

Vote - Comment - Fan!

This chapter goes out to my awesome friend who just joined Wattpad to support me and my junior, @AvaCheong, and our stories. :) Yay @WinnieNeo!

I'm quite happy this story is progressing quite well. If you spot any grammar/spelling mistakes, please point them out so I can edit them. :)

Constructive criticisms will be noted.

Love, x x.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone slapped me across the face.

"Ouch!" I cried out, my hand flying to my face. It wasn't a hard slap, but it was hard enough to cause pain, fair enough?

"Maddie, what was that for?" I glared daggers at her. Stupid girl.

Her long blonde hair was piled on top of her head in a messy bun, and it was obvious she had rushed over from school, in her white dress blouse and black pencil skirt. I would have felt bad for her, but then I did not because she just slapped me.

"You've been looking so gloomy and grouchy lately, I thought I'd slap you out of it." She said innocently.

I grumbled and crossed my arms across my chest and went back to staring at the lights on the ceiling.

"You're doing it again!" I heard her voice, and her raising her hand again.

I shrieked and dragged the chair back as far as I could, making a loud, screeching noise. To my embarrassment, everyone in Starbucks were staring at me with jaws agape and eyes wide. Except for the staff. They were each giving me the same, judgemental beady-eyed stare. What was this? Were they trained to give people who get frightened the stupid stare? That sure was annoying.

"Sorry." I announced sarcastically after cleared my throat, and everyone went back to their business.

Maddie was sniggering away as she put aside her work file. I shot her another death glare. The woman was despicable. Woman, girl, all the same.

"So what's been going on?" She asked me after ordering her coffee.

"What do you mean?" I feigned ignorance.

"Don't push me aside!" She snapped. "You're supposed to trust friends with your problems, but bottle it up!"

"I'm sorry." I was a little taken aback. Maddie had never been the type to snap at anyone. She was always the easy going, admirable and friendly type.

The waiter returned with my coffee at that moment, awkwardly putting it down. He quickly scrambled away after that, feeling that he had indeed disrupted a very important conversation.

Maddie's eyes widened as they fell upon the table. The mug of coffee, to be more exact.

"It's really serious, isn't it?" She asked, her question hanging in the air.

I nodded solemnly. Blake was messing with my head a lot. I could not eat lunch or dinner, except some biscuits in the morning for breakfast. I could not stop thinking about him, and it worried and irked me that he had cut off all contact with me.