Part Fifteen

A/N: First time posting via Mobile Wattpad, hope it doesn't have too many mistakes!

______________________________________________________________________________

Two months passed, and I haven't heard of Blake ever since.

I started hanging out with Maddie and Tyler a lot, but I also stepped back to give them space. That statement itself was a paradox. Okay, what I meant was that they understood my situation and tried to cheer me up by doing group activities but when I felt like the atmosphere got lovey-dovey and I voluntarily stepped away to give them space.

Tyler was doing a great job as Maddie's boyfriend and I could tell both of them were really happy being together. In a way, it was extremely comforting, watching how their eyes would be filled with pure adoration for one another. It looked as though they were a pair matched in heaven.

They were still going out in secret, though. Graduation was approaching quickly so time was on their side - soon they would be able to date openly with no one judging them or any law hanging over their heads.

I started to think of Blake lesser and lesser. Missing him was like having a toothache. The pain was mostly very tiny, but sometimes it would hurt a lot, and you could feel it all the time. The good part was the most haunting times had passed, and I was really coming to terms with getting over him. The impact was really hard and maybe this was what it was like, having an unforgettable first love, that is.

"There's nothing wrong with missing him. You're always going to remember him since he was your first serious romance." Maddie told me.

She got that damn right. No matter who I was with in the future, I'd always recall who Blake Manson was.

College results were released and there were many cries of happiness as well as tears of regret for not getting the acquired results. Maddie and I stuck around to comfort as well as congratulate the students since this would be the last day we would be their teachers. During the following graduation and prom events, we would officially tell them that we would be seeing them in their first year of college, which I was looking forward to. Looks like they were never going to get away from me, I smiled as I thought.

I remembered what happened two months ago.

"Elisa, you won't believe who's in the waiting room!" Maddie burst into the teacher's lounge, shouting at me.

Thankfully, I was the only teacher there. I furrowed my eyebrows. I didn't remember calling up any parent or getting any requests for student-teacher meetings.

"Who?"

"Rebecca."

She needn't have to say more, in the next moment I found myself sprinting down the hallway. I wasn't sure what I was thinking then, and I sure as hell still don't know now. All I knew was my heart was telling my legs to run, run before another opportunity slipped away from me. I flung open the doors of the waiting room to meet an all-too familiar woman with a sad smile on her face.

She was alone, and Gary was no where in sight.

"Rebecca." I breathed.

"Elisa." She greeted as she gestured to the chair opposite her.

I shut the door and flumped into the seat, too eager to find out why she was hear.

"I assumed you didn't know what happened to Blake, and I'm here to tell you the whole story."

"Please." I urged her, my eyes prickling with tears. Here it was: the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I was going to find out the reason behind why my tears wouldn't stop when I thought of a certain dark-haired deliquent.

Never Grow Up {Watty Awards 2012: Teen Fiction}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें