Epilogue

A/N: This is my first story which has been marked with a green tick and to be honest it's a little bland, too short and kinda boring. Sorry you had to sit through this!

Hopefully the epilogue will make up for it. :)

Enjoy, vocofan! xoxo

As of today, it has 125 votes and 7528 reads, I'm overjoyed and ecstatic! ^^

_____________________________________________________________________________

"What about you?" Dana's snobby voice cut in rudely.

That question sent my mind reeling. It had been two years since I'd graduated from university, four years since I'd been engaged and five years since I'd met Blake.

I was twenty-five, and he was twenty-four now.

So, what had I been doing lately? I was a therapist enrolled in a law firm and frankly, that had not been going too well. No one wanted to pay a buttload of money to sit in a comfortable chair and talk to me, especially since I had no significant former experience.

"And that cheesy proposal?"

My eyes snapped to the ice queen. How did she...

"How did you find out about that? It was a private moment!" Tyler interjected, his tone accusing.

Dana sniggered. "Doesn't take much to pry since Elisa has a big mouth."

"Obviously not! I bet you secretly -"

"Tyler. It's alright." I spoke up, not liking the feeling of being the third person. "Let's go."

Tyler frowned, but followed me out of the pantry anyway. Lunch was over soon so we made our way back to the office.

"Blake would never settled down for a pansy like you." Dana's last words rang clearly, and I clenched my fists. Her words were starting to affect me, and they stung.

Years after I'd graduated from high school, I still had to deal with skanks like Dana. Don't get me wrong, I didn't despise her at first sight, but she herself had something personal against me from the beginning.

Dana was a women a few years older than me and held more seniority than me. She was known in the office for sleeping around, most of the time just to get a pay raise or a promotion. She didn't give off the best first impression but I wasn't one to judge. Still, she found various small reasons to pick on me. It started out with rejecting every single one of my submitted documents, no matter how many times I proofread it, and she would repeatedly find faults with my compiled excel sheets. She didn't particularly like Tyler either since he remained fiercely loyal to me, but she never gave his work a second glance.

Recently, the head of our department, forty-year-old Rob Greene, had gotten into an intimate relationship with Dana, and she had begun to use this to her full advantage. Apart from flaunting her fancy and flashy new clothes, she got even bossier and started bringing up my relationship with Blake and hammering on it every chance she got.

My phone started playing "Everybody Talks", and I took it out of my pencil skirt to check my message notifications.

"Neon Trees?" Tyler mused.

"Shut up, it's catchy!" I defended quickly.

Tyler held his hands up in surrender, and he continued making his way to his desk, starting up his laptop. I followed suit half-heartedly, my eyes scanning my new text.

"Maddie's promotion party tonight. 8pm. Don't be late!"

Sure, I replied hastily, chucking my phone into my bag when I was Dana enter the room. She scowled at me but made no comment, and I did a silent victory dance.